• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Film Noir

I'm not Jeff but I can explain that clearly that site doesn't know what Film Noir is ... or more liey that they want as many movies in as many categories as po$$ible.

The first disc on the list is an anime movie Cowboy Bebop, a Batman cartoon isn't far down the list. I defy any sensible film buff to consider Cowboy Bebop and/or Batman as "film noir".

Oh.. Sort the list in alphabetical order. Movies are listed multiple times ... I counted six versions of Blade Runner

Jeff gave us a very accurate definition of "Film Noir" at some kind of party/GTG in Delaware last week that some of our favorite people did not attend..... :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

I posted this know that it was bogus and wanted to get that Mackwood guy going a little bit..

Well, considering film noir hasn't changed much between last year and this, yeah it was about the same lecture. :eek:bscene-buttred:

It was the greatly expanded and far more educational version this year. It was great. Rave reviews - or I at least imagined it so.

Well at least up until the point where I realized that I'd mistakenly grabbed a copy of Casablanca (not noir) instead of The Maltese Falcon (great noir!)

I promise to do better next year!

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
Boy I used to be smart!
Would that be back in the day when you could smoke a cigar WITHOUT whining about it for a week straight? :eusa-whistle:

Back