1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Foxconn (new Sharp TV owner) is suing Hisense over TV quality

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Flint, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

2. Akula

Akula Well-Known Member

Interesting. I remember Sharp displays being pretty good a while back, but I missed when they sold off the US brand name to Hisense. I wonder if they'll succeed in getting those rights back or if they'll have to just write off the brand name and come up with a new one.

3. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member

I will never forget the time an Apple fanboy with an iPhone told me that Foxconn made nothing but junk.

4. Akula

Akula Well-Known Member

*facepalm*

My sister goes to China for business from time to time (she's actually over there now, sorting out some production issues). She told us she had seen the Foxconn plant, complete with the nets to prevent worker suicides (some would climb up onto the roof and jump off).

5. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

That's hysterical. :mocking:

Years ago I overheard a couple of dudes opining on what kind of phone Steve Jobs used. As soon as I heard one of them suggest a BlackBerry, I had to walk away before I said something that I may have regretted saying.

6. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Maybe some fanbois are not as nerdy as others but I don't know anyone I'd put into the fanboi category that doesn't know that iPhones are manufactured by Foxcon.

lulimet likes this.
  7. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member

Well, he was an iPhone snob who was constantly putting down Android phones.