• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Gary Puckett

Huey

Famous
I was briefly listening to Howard Stern the other day, and he mentioned an article about songs from the past that couldn't be made today, and Gary Puckett and the Uniion Gap was mentioned for the song Lady Willpower. I've always liked the song, until it was pointed out that he was trying to get some girl to give up her virginity. Then I do a search of his songs, and there are a lot of them about inappropriate relationships with young girls. Young Girl definitely fits that description.

I tried finding the article, as according to Howard they had a hundred or so songs that would be considered inappropriate by today's standards, but were perfectly fine back then. Heck even the Beatles were listed a couple of times.

The Beatles song "Run for your life" comes to mind off Rubber Soul. Not for necessarily speaking of young girls, but the subject matter. Love that song, wife hates it.

I don't remember them mentioning that one Jack, but they did mention I Saw Her Standing There, with the line, She was just Seventeen and you know what I mean, which in turn caused Jerry Seinfeld to ask Paul McCartney, what exactly did you mean.

I was listening to the radio the other morning, and they must have been referencing Howard Stern. The song they mentioned that I had no idea was as bad was Brown Sugar by the Rolling Stones.

They played a clip of the Rolling Stones on Howard's show, although it wasn't Brown Sugar and I didn't recognize the song.

Back