• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Give me your Headphone recommendation...

Razz

Thinking of getting new Headphones. I wan't to keep it to under $300.

I currently have Senns HD600 but they are pretty beat up.

I'm going to "The Show" June 1st. It's a large audio show and it usually has lots of Headphones to try out. But I want some recommendations from you all as well!

Well, for what goal? Serious quiet audiophile class critical listening? Working out at the gym? Travel? For walking around the house? Any recommendation has to take these things into account.

I love my Shure IEMs (and I wholeheartedly recommend them for nearly all applications), but at home I tend to use my Sennheiser HD650s or Audio Technica closed back headphones. Sometimes I still use my AKGs for serious listening. But, I find the Shures are the most impressive most of the time.

I want serious quiet listening AND late night movies. Only to be used in my living room. I don't like IEMs

Well, I cannot attest to the overall audio quality of the Sony NC headphones, I found their no itself cancelling abilities every bit as good as any brand I've experienced, including the Bose products. I also found Sennheiser NC headphones have decent noise cancelling while sounding pretty decent, but they have so many different product lines targeting vastly different markets I dont trust my judgement on the right pick without testing the current models.

I will say, the affordable AKG BT headphones I got with my Samsung VR kit work really well for the money. My only issue is the fact they are an on-ear design which hurts my temples over time since I wear glasses.

I want to listen before I buy Jeff, there is an upcoming audio show in a couple weeks that I'm going to. Previous shows they had lots of cans to demo, hopefully this year will too.

Flint,
I am planning on 2 purchases, Nice headphones discussed here and NC just for when I fly.

Back