• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Good Bluetooth earbuds

Akula

Famous
OK, with Apple ditching the headphone jack (and I'm convinced others will follow suit, even if that may be a matter for debate), I think a few of us may be looking for some new headphones.

Thus far I've used some wired Klipsch in ear headphones, which work fine. Maybe I'll use the dongle, maybe I'll get a BT adapter and keep using them. But I might be interested in some new BT earbuds.

Ideally, they'd be able to block outside sounds and stay in the ear even when doing things like exercise or mowing the lawn. Good battery life would be nice, but I won't be using these for hours upon hours. Ability to be used for phone calls (so decent mic) would be a major plus.

What do some of you use? I'd rather not go much above $100, but I wouldn't rule that out either. I don't know if we'd end up making this kind of a review thread for such products, but that wouldn't hurt either.

one option, and the one I would take in your position, is to get a wireless headphone amp, like the Geffen model I already posted elsewhere on this forum. That way you could experiment with any headphone you wanted as well as continue to use every headphone set you own.

I am a huge fan of my Jaybird X2 Sport IEMs. I've had a pair for about a year and really like them. They are comfortable, sound great and provide about seven hours of battery life. The only criticism is that I don't like the tips they come with, but aftermarket tips are readily available and made me quite happy. They also seem to have come down in price recently.

https://www.amazon.com/Jaybird-Spor...8&qid=1473360075&sr=8-1&keywords=jaybird+-+x2

does it have to be IEM's?

ive purchased a couple from amazon, but ended up returning a couple.

here is the one i settled for, and well within my budget (i didnt want to go above a hundred, and if i could keep it at 50 its a great deal)

https://www.amazon.com/JVC-Over-Ear-Bluetooth-Headphones-HASBT5R/dp/B014N4S4T2

i bought mine via Fry's, and more than happy with them. will they stay on while jogging? i cant tell you, but i can say that they stayed on while running to catch a light rail train too early for his goddamn sake.

the sound quality works well, and the 'bass port' is pretty decent given its price point.

these i kept, but at times, can be uncomfortable, thus began my search for other cans,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0152GBS66/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this one was too light, and couldnt fold well enough for my needs without breaking it in half...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y54GYC0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this one is built solid, great sound,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0191LC0ME/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

but had to return due to terrible mic performance.

I am a huge fan of my Jaybird X2 Sport IEMs. I've had a pair for about a year and really like them. They are comfortable, sound great and provide about seven hours of battery life. The only criticism is that I don't like the tips they come with, but aftermarket tips are readily available and made me quite happy. They also seem to have come down in price recently.

https://www.amazon.com/Jaybird-Spor...8&qid=1473360075&sr=8-1&keywords=jaybird+-+x2

Have you been running with them? Or just use them regularly sitting/walking around.
Just dropped to $99 on Amazon if anyone really wants them.

Have you been running with them? Or just use them regularly sitting/walking around.
Just dropped to $99 on Amazon if anyone really wants them.

I used them in the gym a lot on treadmills and elliptical machines, as well as while lifting weights. I also used them at work, on the train, walking the mile to and from the train station and laying in bed.

The tips that come with them are not great though. If you buy a pair, get some after-market tips. Once I did that, I fell in love and have no complaints.

I used them in the gym a lot on treadmills and elliptical machines, as well as while lifting weights. I also used them at work, on the train, walking the mile to and from the train station and laying in bed.

The tips that come with them are not great though. If you buy a pair, get some after-market tips. Once I did that, I fell in love and have no complaints.

Ordered two sets of these. One for myself and one for my wife.

After-market tips? Are you able to provide any specifics? I've never bought any tips before so don't have an idea what to look for or search for. Just any replacement foam? Silicone?

How are you wireless headphone guys getting though the day, battery-wise?

I chose to count the time I spent with my wired IEMs playing music in my ears on my trip today. So far, only halfway through my flights, I have been listening for 6 hours and 10 minutes. I plan on listening during this next flight and as I walk through my home airport to my car, probably another 3.5 hours.

This is why a wireless headphone won't work for me. I make great use of my music.

How are you wireless headphone guys getting though the day, battery-wise?

Mine go roughly seven hours on a charge, which works fine for my purposes. I have my Weston UM-1s for situations like Franklin just described involving a long duration of use, but that rarely comes up in my life.

I realize i am not the normal portable headphone user. I love music to the point that I start it the instant I get out of the taxi at the airport, sometimes even listening while in the taxi. The music flows throughout the trip, only stopping when I must interact with someone.

Most people I see using headphones on planes don't even get their headphones out until after they sit down.

Last edited:
When I was commuting, I would typically use my headphones while waiting for the train, riding on the train and walking back and forth to the office. Sometimes I would use them at my desk at work, but not super often. I used them at the gym after work. Sometimes I used them in bed before going to sleep. This use could be music, audio books or video streaming. I generally do not listen to music constantly throughout the day.

Though, just now the guy sitting next to me on the plane took the opportunity when I pulled one earbud out to order my preflight cocktail to ask me about me IEMs. Now we are chatting about headphones and such while he is watching me type this.

I'm asking because I don't use BT very often and I still struggle with battery management. I use my phone A LOT during the day for email, web, GPS, texts and phone calls (believe it or not) and I struggle to keep a charge. I do use BT for music while driving but when im at my desk I use the jack which is connected to an amp and a pair of speakers.

I'm constantly having to turn wifi and BT on/off and I get maybe 5 hours of battery life. If BT was on all day I imagine I'd be under 4 hours, maybe closer to 3.

I'm asking because I don't use BT very often and I still struggle with battery management. I use my phone A LOT during the day for email, web, GPS, texts and phone calls (believe it or not) and I struggle to keep a charge. I do use BT for music while driving but when im at my desk I use the jack which is connected to an amp and a pair of speakers.

I'm constantly having to turn wifi and BT on/off and I get maybe 5 hours of battery life. If BT was on all day I imagine I'd be under 4 hours, maybe closer to 3.

How old is your phone? You might need to replace the battery, which costs about $100 if your phone does not have a use serviceable one.

Nope, not an option: iPhone 6S Plus.
It's only 5 months old and the battery lasts about as long as it did when new.

Are you one of those people that keeps their display brightness set to "Flamethrower"?

I'm all but certain I don't use my phone (iPhone 6) as much as you but I go a day and half, sometimes two, before the battery needs to be charged. I keep a pretty dim display and I'm also in the habit of turning off the display each and every time I'm done using the phone.

Back