• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Have you ever had a Maglite break beyond repair?

AndySTL

I have a trusty Maglite mini that has served me well for years. Not too long ago it stopped working...so I replaced the batteries. No luck, so I replaced the bulb. No luck, so I cleaned any corrosion inside (there wasn't any). Still no luck. I can't figure out what else could cause this thing to stop working. Any ideas?

They're simple enough, if the batteries are good and the light assembly is good, then I really have no idea. But my guess is look at the contacts in the tailcap and at the light. Something has to be keeping it from getting juice to the lamp.

Thing is, though... it's not like these things are that expensive. If it's not one of the LED models, I'd probably consider this a good time to upgrade.

Yeah I could buy a new one but this is just irritating me that I can't get it to work. Like you said it's a simple enough device...should be easy.

And here I thought I was gonna see a video of someone going all “office space” on a Maglite :D

I did a Bing search and found a few blogs which say the same thing. If it isn't the bulb or the end cap (which it appears you already checked), then it is likely the switch which is sealed into the body and cannot easily be replaced and there aren't readily available replacement parts.

If you replace it, you should take a look at SureFire. Their lights are military grade, nearly indestructible and very bright.

If you replace it, you should take a look at SureFire. Their lights are military grade, nearly indestructible and very bright.

i love my surefires, but man, they are definitely expensive. there are also other options out there, but you do get what you pay for, given its purpose and need.

Back