• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Haywood Got a New TV

Haywood

Famous
Well, I finally did it. After at least a month of agonizing, I just ordered a Sony XBR75X940C from Cruthfield. 36 months of no interest financing made it considerably less painful. I also saved a bunch of money by getting the wall mount and installation from Amazon and the warranty through Costco. It should arrive mid next week and I'm hoping to schedule the install for next Friday. I will be sure to post pictures and a detailed review once I get it set up.

embrace-your-suckage-1-728.jpg

Congrats on your Toy! :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:

I would be interested in your experience with installers from Amazon, keep us up-to-date.

I cannot wait for this beast to arrive. This is BY FAR the most expensive piece of gear I have ever purchased and I really hope it is worth it.

B08F0277FF65D9C4A87460DDB009E6DFABAAE902_SELASSET473578_source.jpg

Botch said:
I would be interested in your experience with installers from Amazon, keep us up-to-date.

It is through Amazon Home Services, so it is a local business that will actually do the install. I mainly hired an installer, because I do not want to risk an accident. If the installer drops my TV and smashes it, he's insured and I'm not out. That alone was worth the $160. The TV without the stand weighs about 123.5 pounds and is 75.9 inches wide. I don't want to wrestle with that.

Well it is certainly a sexy beast. Let us know what you think and congrats Senor Suckalot!!!

Congrats! Looking forward to your review.

Nice. I will be interested to see how that beast looks installed in your room. Pics when it's up! What is the install date?

AndySTL said:
Nice. I will be interested to see how that beast looks installed in your room. Pics when it's up! What is the install date?

A week from Friday night or Saturday morning.

Congrats! The Samsung 4k bluray player is suppost to be shipping on Feb 14th.
You said your getting a Roku 4 also, enjoying mine.
Can't wait on your thoughts.

Congrats!

Best of luck!

Enjoy your new toy and smart move on the install!

Oh yeah! You Suck Scott!
:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

My brother has a previous version of that... I haven't seen it but he really likes it. You should be very happy with the thing.

Congrats Haywood. Fantastic looking display.

As others have said, please post a photo of that bad boy when it's installed.

Congrats

It's pretty ballsy of Sony to make a set with non-removable speakers like that.

Towen7 said:
Congrats

It's pretty ballsy of Sony to make a set with non-removable speakers like that.

I obviously don't need them, but they supposedly sound very good and work with several of Sony's wireless subwoofers.

The first company I hired through Amazon was completely booked, so I went with the Dish Network services guys. I now have an appointment for a week from Saturday afternoon. The waiting is the hardest part.

Back