• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HDtracks Question

Anxious to see the replies; my computers aren't hooked up to my audio system and this would be good.

So back in 2011 (near as I can tell) I paid for and downloaded S&V and HDtracks.com's "The Ultimate Hi-Def Music Download Experience."

It consists of nine (9) 96/24 stereo FLAC files. 868MB total size.

I just made a copy and placed them in a new folder. Then I used Any Audio Converter to change them all to WAV files. From There I used ArcSoft Total Media Extreme to create and burn a CD-R (not DVD.)

All this took me as long as it took to type everything above with one hand!

I just popped it into my HT's BD player and it's now playing perfectly as I type these words.

THAT was the short and sweet version to prove it can be done (I knew it could beforehand). With two typing hands I might have taken the time to also enter all of the tracks' metadata before I ran the create and burn process. As it is, all that shows for data is tracks numbered 1-9 - and Gracenotes does not pick them up. Might have taken 5-10 more minutes - tops.

Hope that answers the question.

Jeff

ps. There are of course numerous other software (freeware) programs (like BurnAware Free) that could do this - as well as commercial ones (like Nero). The former has a really user-friendly interface for entering disc and track metadata.

Last edited by a moderator:
So back in 2011 (near as I can tell) I paid for and downloaded S&V and HDtracks.com's "The Ultimate Hi-Def Music Download Experience."

It consists of nine (9) 96/24 stereo FLAC files. 868MB total size.

I just made a copy and placed them in a new folder. Then I used Any Audio Converter to change them all to WAV files. From There I used ArcSoft Total Media Extreme to create and burn a CD-R (not DVD.)

All this took me as long as it took to type everything above with one hand!

I just popped it into my HT's BD player and it's now playing perfectly as I type these words.

THAT was the short and sweet version to prove it can be done (I knew it could beforehand). With two typing hands I might have taken the time to also enter all of the tracks' metadata before I ran the create and burn process. As it is, all that shows for data is tracks numbered 1-9 - and Gracenotes does not pick them up. Might have taken 5-10 more minutes - tops.

Hope that answers the question.

Jeff

ps. There are of course numerous other software (freeware) programs (like BurnAware Free) that could do this - as well as commercial ones (like Nero). The former has a really user-friendly interface for entering disc and track metadata.

Thanks for the info, Jeff!

Back