• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Heeman AL Home Theater

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
So some of you know that Barb and I have built a home in Alabama close to the beach. Our passion has always been to be back in a warmer climate and near the beach and have a small boat again. The goal is to retire near salt water and have a boat to enjoy fishing and cruising around. We were considering back down in Deep South Texas near South Padre Island, however with what's going on at the boarder and the cost of living down there, Alabama was the right choice. The area checked all the boxes and has some of the nicest beaches and fishing around.

Barb insisted that the new house have a dedicated Home Theater. I approached the builder with a marked up layout showing the changes that we wanted to make. When we showed him the HT Room, he even got a little excited. Especially when I told him our the plan. He didn't hesitate to built the angled walls and use Rock Wool where I wanted it (in every cavity ceiling and wall.) The angled walls give us huge bass traps in the front corners and eliminates some of the standing waves to improve performance.

The room dimensions are very similar to the WI HT, except it is slightly wider @ 19.5'; taller at 9' but shallower at 11.5'.

This will be the first HT Build that Barb and I didn't actually build and paint!!!

I had them run (3) 20A dedicated outlets in the Equipment Closet; a dedicated outlet in the ceiling for the projector. All of these circuits are on the same 120VAC leg.

As far as speaker wires, I had them run (3) pairs of 12AWG to the FR, FC and FL; I need (2) to power the C1's and DIY Woofers. I had them run (3) because someday I may build Franklins MTM's to replace the C1's..............someday. I also had him run 12 AWG for the surrounds. I will continue to run a 5.2 system in this smallish room.

We choose Almost Charcoal (Gray) for the paint color once again (third time) and Black Carpet. We will also build Black Velvet Panels for the screen wall and the ceiling to stick to the black hole concept. We will use our existing equipment and furniture. I am working with Flint on other acoustical improvements.

So as much as this is exciting for us and still a lot of work making panels and set up, it is nothing like the task of our previous (2) Home Theaters. I am hoping it is up and running in a month or so..........

003.jpg005.jpg007.jpg

Awesome. So cool that you're able to actually build it into the house.

I'm insanely happy for you.
It's super cool to see all your experience and knowledge pay off (again).

Keep up posted.

Back