• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

How many people make a rock band too big?

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
Apparently there is no limit to the number of musicians a rock band can have and still put out a hit:

Spirit from 1984

Surely you've heard that song! It peaked at no. 25 on the charts, which is no small feat, but it has been used in marketing and other things for decades. I consider that a hit, though not as big as all hits.

That song doesn’t ring any bells. But then again I’m the guy who needs an app to find my keys.

A hit in my opinion is a stretch. Yes I know it and remember it but it's an obscure song for sure. If it hit the top 25 I'm guessing it didn't have much staying power and quickly dropped.

But your point was taken, and that is a crazy amount of players on one stage for a pop band.

Damn! They aren't a band I like nor did I even know who wrote that song, but I definitely remember hearing it all over the place.

Ha! I don’t recognize one note! How old must one be to remember this so called “hit?”

Well Shit @Flint I guess it is just gonna be you and I on this one. I always considered that song to be a hit (by your definition) and I don't think it would have been used as in subsequent marketing campaigns as much if it weren't recognizable thus indicating it was indeed a "hit".

Damn bunch a heathens we hang around with here!!!

I didn't know you could be in a band just for being Moroccan.

Isn't that what you call those dudes that play maracas???

Back