• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

I can’t get Siri to play only the songs in “my library” for Apple Music???

Kazaam

For a specific band or singer, that is.

For instance there are a handful of songs by Morgan Wallen that I liked enough that I added them to ‘My Library’. But most of his songs I hate. Like hate bad. So my problem is that I can’t find the phrase that will make Siri voice commands shuffle just the Morgan Wallen songs I liked enough to put in my library. Everything I’ve tried plays every single song Apple Music has of Wallen’s, including the ones I never ever want to hear.

To no avail I’ve tried stuff along the lines of: “Play (or shuffle) Morgan Wallen from my library”, “Play/Shuffle Morgan Wallen from my music”, and “Play/shuffle songs that I have by Morgan Wallen”.

Any other suggestions to try? I already “Hey Googled” this Siri issue and am not really getting anywhere.

You know… I’ve scoured the web and can’t find anyone who makes it work other than being able to “shuffle all” as in all 10,000-20,000 songs. Apple dropped the ball on this one. One person‘s solution was to drop Apple Music and go back to only an iTunes Match subcription, which is what I had before my 6-month Apple Music trial. And it’s what I plan to go back to, too. It’s just that even though I cancelled Apple Music it’s still active for another 3 months. Oh, well.

Couldn't you just create a playlist then ask for that to be played or shuffled?

Edit: I guess the request is for a general solution, not just for this one artist. Can't help you there...

Edit2: This functionality does exist with Amazon Music. I know I've said "Alexa, shuffle R.E.M. songs from my library" and it worked as expected.

Last edited:
Good to hear Amazon Music works like I’d want. Maybe there’s still hope for Apple. Probably not, but maybe.

I still prefer to buy music. Rips CDs when possible. But gotta admit it’s pretty nice to call up almost any song at will and hear it without commercials. Right now is probably the best it’ll ever be as the price is pretty reasonable annually on these subscription services even if I only were to use them as supplemental to my library.

Back