• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Interstellar

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
This looks good.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vxOhd4qlnA[/youtube]

:handgestures-thumbup:

That does look good. I am getting a little tired of his slow drawl though.

Keyboard magazine had an interview with Hans Zimmer on composing/recording the soundtrack. Learned something interesting, Hollywood is still providing a living for many live musicians, moviemakers are still willing to hire real orchestras (and a lot of the soundtrack was recorded with a huge pipe organ, on location, in downtown London).
If you're into synthesizer pr0n, go to Googlez Imagez and type in "Hans Zimmer home studio". Dayam! :drool: :bow-blue:

Yeah I've seen this in a few "special features" on some BDs and the guy's setup is nothing short of amazing! It's no wonder he's at the top of his craft. BTW if you didn't already know it, the Interstellar soundtrack has been nominated for an Oscar...

Hans really killed it on this score IMO. And this movie, to me, was one of the best I've seen in years. I am kinda surprised it didn't get more Oscar nominations. I can't wait to pick this one up on Blu Ray and really ingest the details on this great sci fi.

its for 18.99 at walmart btw, picked it up yesterday too. it has a lenticular thingy in it for those interested. I can mail you mine if its interesting enough.

Anyone who grabs the BD, if you enjoy the film, I highly recommend watching all the featurettes on the bonus features disc. There are several featurettes each in the 5-10 minute range. Two that were especially interesting were about the theoretical science behind the movie and the making of the musical score.

Just watched this and my thoughts. First off folks you better have one grade A reciever if your gonna play this movie. In all the years I've played my main system this movie and this movie alone was the only one where I actually thought my amplifier was gonna reach its limit and for one second I thought my speakers were gonna blow. My H/K Citation amp has a nice feature on the front faceplate it shows you with LED lights how much power your using and although a couple times in its history it has reached the first red LED light letting you know it's pushing 50 watts and even when watching the battle scenes of Lord of the Rings did the first red LED ever go off. Intersteller is the only movie to tell me that my amp had reached 100 full watts by constantly showing the second red LED and not for a second but for several seconds.

The bass in this movie is insane so much so that I had to keep turning down the volume as I thought my bay window would blow out. This is also the only movie that created so much pressure from all my subs that it actually caused me to have to open my jaw so that my ears would pop because the pressure had changed so much. You think I'm bragging but I'm not I was actually very concerned not only for my windows but my speakers.

The first five seconds of this movie had more deep bass than the deep bass sweep of "Live, Die, Repeat. Edge of Tomorrow" and that was a massive bass sweep. I normally listen to movies at -10db on my Marantz preamp hooked up to my four outboard amps this movie had to stay on -17db to listen at a comfortable level and halfway thru the movie I felt those using a standard reciever might have issues if they try to play this movie too loud as my amps kept pushing maximum levels. There was one scene in the movie that had such a loud crack in the soundtrack (even at -17db) that Michelle turned and said,"I think that just blew out your left surround speaker". Just insane and this was playing the Vudu digital copy using Dolby Digital and not the Lossless version on Bluray.

Just insane. As for the movie I really liked it but like most Christopher Nolan movies very complex and mind bending but the constant bass thruout the movie was insane even when it wasn't needed. This movie just had the most intense bass of any movie I've ever watched. I can see why Chris stated in the theater there would be scenes you couldn't understand the language. Just insane.

Wife and I just watched this yesterday as well, rental from redbox, and like Matt, was reaching for the remote in the first scene to turn it down. This has got to be one of the best mixed soundtracks out there. The surrounds were used just right through out the movie.

Nolan does make some movies that make you think, and this was one of his best. Are we allowed to talk about the movie itself? I'll do the SPOILER and scroll thing...

I liked the way they did time as a dimension, very clever way of showing another dimension. Although I was a little confused as to how he was "saved". Were the future us in control of the black hole? And I don't quite get how he ended back at Saturn. I think the addition of Matt Damon wasn't needed and detracted from the movie somewhat. All in all, an excellent movie, and I will probably buy the bluray just for the special features that Chris mentions.

Saw this video on Youtube, and if you like science, you'll probably like this as well. Putting it here because they reference Interstellar numerous time. I think the last two or three minutes is sales spiel for their website though.

Back