• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Is it me ?

Dentman

As I get back into this hobby my goal this time was to stay more focused on 2-ch audio. With that said I'm finding my self in the very near future being able to pull off 5.1 again.

My issue is it almost seems hardly worth it these days. Since I have zero interest in anything superhero it seems like there are nearly no more good action movies made anymore. It's either superheroes or or the 300th version of fast and furious.

Am I just over the hill and out of touch or am I'm simply unaware of some good moves that have come out in the last 5 years?

I am not that excited by movies anymore. I do like loads of TV series, like Sherlock, Star Trek: Discovery, Rick and Morty, Norsemen, and others. I can spend days watching long form story-telling such as Wallander or Hinterlands.

I've also found I prefer most TV shows' use of surround sound over most movies.

Its not just you. But that doesn’t mean that you’re not over the hill and out of touch.

I am not that excited by movies anymore. I do like loads of TV series, like Sherlock, Star Trek: Discovery, Rick and Morty, Norsemen, and others. I can spend days watching long form story-telling such as Wallander or Hinterlands.
Yes I must agree, tv has really become good. I credit the Sopranos for the tv revolution, the wire As well.

Yeah, I’m also not into superhero stuff, and there’s just darn few non comic book action flicks. I still like surround, but if not doing gaming, I could be convinced to stick with a nifty 2.1 and call it done.

Dent, if you're looking for a good action movie, check out the John Wick series. I haven't seen the second one yet, but the first one was really good, and if I remember correctly, had great use of surrounds.

I agree that television is more compelling right now and we spend FAR more time watching TV than movies these days.

I still like movies, but my purchases of new movies are starting to drop off as I become more consistent about researching critic and audience feedback before purchasing. Last night, I bought Baby Driver and Captain Underpants and skipped a bunch of others. My main focus right now is backing up movies I already own and filling holes in my back-catalog.

Star Trek, Star Wars, Dunkirk, Inception, Bourne, Planet of the Apes, Skyfall, Edge of Tomorrow, Pacific Rim...
I would rather have bamboo shoots driven into my retina then watch star wars or star track movie.
Thanks for the other titles I'll check them out...oh, yes Bourne series was enjoable.

Dent, if you're looking for a good action movie, check out the John Wick series. I haven't seen the second one yet, but the first one was really good, and if I remember correctly, had great use of surrounds.
I never heard of that one, I'll check it out for sure, thanks.

I would rather have bamboo shoots driven into my retina then watch star wars or star track movie.
Thanks for the other titles I'll check them out...oh, yes Bourne series was enjoable.

Wow...a hater of both Star Wars AND Star Trek. I honestly don't know how to react here.

Looking for action? Try this:

True_romance.jpg

A few years old but still my favorite movie.

John Wick also has the most realistic gun handling and fighting I have ever seen in an action movie. None of this ridiculous running around with two guns and shooting in all directions at once. Keanu spent serious time learning gun handling from professionals. There are YouTube videos of him running timed 3-gun courses. He actually knows what he is doing and it shows. The fighting is all based in mixed martial arts and is very real-world. Most fights end up on the ground at some point and the movies reflect that. I loved them.

Scott, was number 2 as good as number 1? Number 1 was a blind buy for me on black Friday, but don't regret it at all.

2 was good, but as always, cant beat number 1.

both are great tho. and makes you want 2018 to come up faster... 3 should be interesting.

John Wick also has the most realistic gun handling and fighting I have ever seen in an action movie. None of this ridiculous running around with two guns and shooting in all directions at once. Keanu spent serious time learning gun handling from professionals. There are YouTube videos of him running timed 3-gun courses. He actually knows what he is doing and it shows. The fighting is all based in mixed martial arts and is very real-world. Most fights end up on the ground at some point and the movies reflect that. I loved them.
That's very cool. After seeing him interviewed I really came to like the guy, not a phony bone in his body.

Back