• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

John who? a movie that deserves a thread on its own.

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Nobody.

i never watched better call saul, or got into the breaking bad universe.

but the main character of this movie, the entirety of this film, has the beginnings of yet another wolf in sheeps clothing kinda hitman/assassin etc kinda guy.

great storyline, awesome scenes and quite frankly, very very cool movie. yes, i couldve placed it in the whatever are you watching or streaming thread. but when you got some high quality sh*t like this? baby you know you gotta give it props.

watch it. yes, its expensive at 20 bucks.

but definitely worth it.

violence, bloody violence, cussing, but no nudity just in case you got kids watching.

Nobody.

i never watched better call saul, or got into the breaking bad universe.

but the main character of this movie, the entirety of this film, has the beginnings of yet another wolf in sheeps clothing kinda hitman/assassin etc kinda guy.

great storyline, awesome scenes and quite frankly, very very cool movie. yes, i couldve placed it in the whatever are you watching or streaming thread. but when you got some high quality sh*t like this? baby you know you gotta give it props.

watch it. yes, its expensive at 20 bucks.

but definitely worth it.

violence, bloody violence, cussing, but no nudity just in case you got kids watching.
Watching it this weekend I'll fork over the $20. Was going to watch it this past weekend but got sucked into UFC.

I have no idea what movie you all are talking about... ?

I am guessing you are talking about the movie "Nobody" starring Bob Odenkirk?
I think the John who in the title refers to "John f$#@ing Wick", but I may be wrong.

Last edited:
I believe so. But I am just guessing. He does however mention the title of the movie in the first line of the post and mentions Better Call Saul and Breaking Bad so I think it we can safely assume we have deduced correctly. That, or I have way too much time on my hands?!!

Yes.

in all fairness, i did write down the name of the movie. it just was a bit non descript. sorry. that was around midnight.

and i loved it. i plan on watching it again.

after dwelling on it a bit, of course some parts are unbelieveable, but so are so many movies,

John Vicks
Atomic blonde
AVA (ugh i love the main character but hated this movie)
Peppermint
The Vigilante

to name a few...

Watched it yesterday enjoyed it. Sort of John Wick with a darkly humorous side. Bob Odenkirk was really great. The last factory mega shootout scene was maybe a little goofy. I think I enjoyed all the gritty scenes that lead up to it better the end finale but I still enjoyed the movie. Worth the $19.95 rental fee no regrets.

Watched it yesterday enjoyed it. Sort of John Wick with a darkly humorous side. Bob Odenkirk was really great. The last factory mega shootout scene was maybe a little goofy. I think I enjoyed all the gritty scenes that lead up to it better the end finale but I still enjoyed the movie. Worth the $19.95 rental fee no regrets.
I refuse to pay $20 to watch a movie in my home. Maybe if there were more people that could share the cost Sooner or later movies will come to one of the subscription sevices. I can wait

I refuse to pay $20 to watch a movie in my home. Maybe if there were more people that could share the cost Sooner or later movies will come to one of the subscription sevices. I can wait
I hear you. I have the same policy for most movies especially if they are big screen type films with big screen visuals and cinematography. But with a movie like this (and in light of COVID in person theater restrictions) I may make an occasional exception. I also split the cost with my movie watching friend so it was about the same as a movie ticket per person.

I should add that I wouldn't pay 20 bucks to see a movie in a theater. I always went to matinees plus the old fart discount

I should add that I wouldn't pay 20 bucks to see a movie in a theater. I always went to matinees plus the old fart discount
I usually wait for Netflix or at least when the rental price drops after "new release" status and hype wears off. Amazon usually drops from $19.99 to around $5.99 after a month or two. And agreed I am usually happy to wait. There are a few big time big screen flicks that I prefer to see on an IMAX screen. But with COVID I can't even remember that last time I went to the theater.

glad you liked it monkey. certainly a good movie.

an afterthought, what action movie really ISNT goofy to a certain degree? :D i also thought there was a good amount of scenes that were overreach, but man, at the end of the day, an action movie that is believable is difficult to portray without being a tad boring.

I did appreciate the triple headshot with a single bullet C.O.D. collateral style. Outstanding video game reference/tribute in an action movie.

now you can watch this next week. its on 4k blu-ray for 30 bucks.

i just had to hard swallow buying godzilla vs kong two days ago.

funny part?

i havent even watched it yet. turned up the sub to 'normal' levels, and 2nd kid came out crying saying stop stop stop.

i was just watching Fate of the furious too.

Back