• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

JTR 212HT

CMonster

A couple of weeks ago I was involved in the AVS Forum 2017 KC HT Crawl. Jeff Permanian of JTR Speakers left behind a pair of 212HT speakers and a Captivator 4000 ULF subwoofer for well-known KC members to pass around and audition. Having heard the Captivator during the crawl, I feared that it'd turn the 100+ year old brick building I call home into rubble - the thing is a beast! So today I picked up the speakers:

C7DCAA48-01B9-4441-B6B7-B1749A488431_zpsp9uqc6u2.jpg

Snipped from the JTR website:
The Noesis 212HT is a 2-way loudspeaker with two 12” woofers in a vented enclosure, combined with a 1.4″ exit compression driver fitted on a large, wooden horn with a 60 x 60 coverage pattern.
  • Singular Origin Design – sound from all the drivers time aligned and appear to come from the same location
  • 2017 new compression driver with unique annular diaphragm
  • 1.4″ exit compression driver
  • Horn loading down to 850hz (crossover point)
  • Large wood horn provides even coverage and amazing imaging
  • Symmetrical horn and low crossover point for best power response
  • High excursion woofers (8mm xmax each way)
  • Quality polypropylene capacitors
  • Quality perfect lay inductors
  • Neodymium 12″ woofers
  • +140db average, 63.5-125hz, CEA-2010, 1/2 space, 1 meter, peak
  • Frequency +/-3db 60hz-20khz
  • Sensitivity* 101db (2.0 volts, free air)
  • Useable Output ** 134db (calculated peak 137 – 3db compression)
  • Recommended Amplification up to 2000 watts RMS (program)
  • Impedance 4 ohm

And the specs of my Dynaudio C2 mains:
Sensitivity: 87dB (2,83V / 1m)
IEC Power Handling: 300W
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Frequency Response (± 3 dB): 28Hz – 25kHz
Box Principle: Bass Reflex Rear Ported
Crossover: 2 (3) way
Crossover frequency: 2200, (8000) Hz
Crossover Topology: 1st order
Given the HUGE difference in sensitivity and compression driver vs silk dome tweeters, I'm only going to run the JTRs in stereo + dual subs instead of trying to blend them fully into my 7.2.2 Dynaudio / Rythmik system.

Cripes! And all I was planning to do today were my taxes.

You win!

:)

Jeff

Thread not started by Heeman ;)
I have dibs on Heeman's C2s (drop-shipped new-in-box) whenever he transitions from C1s to C4s, thus saving him the hassle of a mid-step. (That's what real friends do, you know!)

Just reminding folks...

Jeff

I haven't had as much time to play with them as I had hoped but they are a touch bright for me. I'll probably knock the treble down a little during future listening sessions. I've experimented a bit with positioning and found a spot where the soundstage is among the best I've heard from any speaker.

Back