• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom

bmwuk

I saw this last night with the wife. I would say this movie was meh at best. Of course the special effects and such were cool but honestly the story was really lacking. I would say just wait for it to watch at home, if you really feel like watching it.

JWFK2271.jpg

My boy is a big fan of these movies, so I bought tickets the other day for a showing this afternoon. I haven't heard great things about the movie, but I'm sure it will at least be entertaining. I did buy the 4 movie 4K box set at Walmart this week. Pretty decent deal for $50, and at least what little I've watched of them, they look pretty good as well.

BTW, did I see Chris Pratt get a generation award on mtv movie awards the other day? Wasn't it just a couple of years ago he was playing the dumpy, dopey Andy on Parks and Rec? I don't have anything against him at all, just not sure if he was worthy of that award.

I was just gonna post exactly that Towen, Meh. Wasn't bad, wasn't great, pretty much a pretty mediocre movie, at least as far as the story goes. Visually it was great. CGI was top notch, some stunning scenes, although they almost seem to be overusing the dinosaur roar moment. It's good to see Buffalo Bill still getting work. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I am confused about the English lady and her relationship to the girl.

I hated the 1st Jurassic Park, so I've been avoiding this franchise all along. The entire storytelling pace is stupid to me. I mean people run and hide from carnivorous creatures who, instead of just eating the people the instant the catch up to them, the dinosaurs stop 10 yards away and scream up into the air to frighten their prey. That's not how hunters hunt.

I hated the 1st Jurassic Park, so I've been avoiding this franchise all along. The entire storytelling pace is stupid to me. I mean people run and hide from carnivorous creatures who, instead of just eating the people the instant the catch up to them, the dinosaurs stop 10 yards away and scream up into the air to frighten their prey. That's not how hunters hunt.

You know, if the dinosaurs snuck up on the entire cast all cat like. pounced on them devouring them in a carnivorous carnival of flesh eating madness, the movie wouldn't last very long. Let alone set up the need for sequels to exploit the masses out of more of their hard earned money.

You know, if the dinosaurs snuck up on the entire cast all cat like. pounced on them devouring them in a carnivorous carnival of flesh eating madness, the movie wouldn't last very long. Let alone set up the need for sequels to exploit the masses out of more of their hard earned money.

So, you see my point. The premise of making a 2 hour movie where the cast is chased by dinosaurs is kinda stupid.

Hello..................................

It's a movie.......................................................

Most movies are extremely far fetched, isn't that why we watch them.

Look at car chases, fight scenes, gun battles, monsters................... all of them are kind of stupid.

Exactly! It's a movie!!! I didn't like this franchise because it wasnt at all capable of suspending my disbelief enough to be entertained.

Am I supposed to ignore the fact I am not enjoying a movie because it is popular or cost a fortune to make?

I don't like the Jurrasic franchise, is that wrong?

Exactly! It's a movie!!! I didn't like this franchise because it wasnt at all capable of suspending my disbelief enough to be entertained.

Am I supposed to ignore the fact I am not enjoying a movie because it is popular or cost a fortune to make?

Looking back, I kind of don't like it as well.

We all have the ability to like what we like and do what we do............

Go Go Godzilla!!!!!!

Well since there is no expert who can validate just exactly how the dinosaurs hunted, how do we in fact know that they didn't give a primal scream just before they ate you? In the movie, they did say raptor's hunted in packs, and that the attack usually came from the side from a raptor you didn't even know was there, so maybe the raptor would make noises to get you distracted while his buddies attacked you. I don't know, we may never know, but like others have stated, it's just a movie.

If nothing else, you at least have to like the John Williams score of these movies. Every time we go to Universal in Orlando and get to the Jurassic Park area, I always get goosebumps when walking through the big gates and you start to hear the theme song. Got an email the other day that they were closing river ride, which is too bad, as that was one of our favorite rides.

Did see a list that somebody ranked the movies, and this one came in second to the original. Really? At least the first Jurassic World had a pretty decent dinosaur, and at least had some of the charm of the original. Between JP2, JP3 and this one, I would struggle to rank them, probably tying them all for last.

QUITE SIMPLY YES!!! :moon:

I know, look at every Tom Cruise movie other than Mission Impossible.

I cant stand Tom Cruise and didn't watch the Mission Impossible films because of it.

I did however like Top Gun in spite of him being in it.

I read yesterday that the dinosaur that you see being left behind at the dock as they were escaping the volcano, was the same dinosaur that Sam Neill first sees in Jurassic Park, or at least that's what the director claims.

I cant stand Tom Cruise and didn't watch the Mission Impossible films because of it.

I did however like Top Gun in spite of him being in it.
Come on Randy, admit it, you only like that movie because of the volleyball scene. :moon:

Come on Randy, admit it, you only like that movie because of the volleyball scene. :moon:

giphy.gif

Back