• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

KAZAAM'S HOME THEATER downGRADE

Kazaam

You do what you gotta do when you're looking to score a little pussy, am I right? Meet Callie. My sweet, yet sometimes rambunctious kitty.

I didn't trust her not to jump onto my old speakers and cause them to crash into my still fairly new glass TV stand. So... It's because of her that I've reluctantly packed away my B&W bookshelf speakers and downsized to this setup of tiny, wall-mounted cube speakers. They're Cambridge Audio Minx Min 11s. Bought them from a guy in a white van outside a grocery store, so you know I got a steal of a deal. OK, that part ain't true; but I did get them for almost half price from a legitmate authorized dealer. The tiny subwoofer is a Polk PSW111 that I bought on clearance.

Soundwise it makes movies sound way better than the built in TV speakers, of course. But the subwoofer poops out at around 40 hz. So there are obvious limitations. And, although I don't often use this system for music, I think it isn't half bad in that regard, for whatever that's worth.

Not sure how long I'll use these speakers as it wasn't a major investment. And the setup isn't entirely finished. I still need to hang the surrounds and get a smaller, HDMI-capable cable box. I'd also like to upgrade to a newer receiver and a bigger, lighter-weight LED TV someday.

Below I've attached some pictures. Be amazed? :laughing:

Bose? I wish!!!! Cambridge Audio Minx Min 11 speaker:

Polk PSW111 subwoofer:

And this 3 month old black lab puppy visits often. Don't really trust this guy not to knock crap over just yet, either.

Attachments

• IMG_0181post.jpg
    IMG_0181post.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 842
  • image449post.jpg
    image449post.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 842
  • speakerjpegpost.jpg
    speakerjpegpost.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 842
  • subwoofer437.jpg
    subwoofer437.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 842
  • puppy.jpg
    puppy.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 842
Thats a lot of wood in there.

I'm with Zing ... looks nice and clean. Well done.

Too much wood, IMO. Maybe will need a bigger rug.

The wiring job for the speakers turned out well. But for the sub and surrounds I plan to get some on wall conduit. And paint it brown to blend in with all that wood.

Like the others have said Nice, Clean Setup!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Kazaam said:
Meet Callie. My sweet, yet sometimes rambunctious kitty.

What beautiful markings! Part calico? Plus, being female?

Kazaam said:
I didn't trust her not to jump onto my old speakers and cause them to crash into my still fairly new glass TV stand. So... It's because of her that I've reluctantly packed away my B&W bookshelf speakers and downsized to this setup of tiny, wall-mounted cube speakers.

What we do for our four-legged friends?!?! Honestly, it is worth it. They give us their unconditional luv. We make sacrifices, it is all good!

Nice install! :handgestures-thumbup:

Babs said:
What beautiful markings! Part calico? Plus, being female?

The shelter had her listed as a calico. From what I can tell she mostly has calico colors. Her underside is predominately white and then she has some black and orange/tan spots. Though I think she's got some tabby in her coat, too, because she has an 'M' mark on her forehead which the vet said is a tabby thing. Plus she's got some tabby-like stripes on the diluted gray parts, too.

Regardless, she really is a great cat. She's playful. Talkative. Loves to be around people. Likes to be petted. Uses the litter box. Not a huge cuddler, but that doesn't mean she doesn't still sit on my lap sometimes. Oh... She's definitely a little mischievous, but thankfully she stays off the kitchen table and counters. (At least from what I can tell.). I've had her now for almost 3 months.

Back