• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Koss CM1030

Glandry

Hello everyone. I fou d this site while searching for info on Koss CM1030s. I own a pair purchased brand new in 1979. The cabinets are in great condition but the crossovers and i suspect the capacitors need replacing and as i have read it seems they all have the broken toggle switches.
These were the best sounding speakers to my ears and i would like someone knowledgeable to refurbish them for me if affordable. Any help is appreciated, i am in Tallahassee Florida. Me email is. Garylandry@comcast.net. I am writing this on December 26, 2020

Unfortunately the only Koss expert I'm aware of is Jeff Mackwood and he no longer hangs out here.

Yes, I am afraid our resident Koss guy is no longer posting.

If he occasionally lurks he may see this and email you.

Hello everyone. I fou d this site while searching for info on Koss CM1030s. I own a pair purchased brand new in 1979. The cabinets are in great condition but the crossovers and i suspect the capacitors need replacing and as i have read it seems they all have the broken toggle switches.
These were the best sounding speakers to my ears and i would like someone knowledgeable to refurbish them for me if affordable. Any help is appreciated, i am in Tallahassee Florida. Me email is. Garylandry@comcast.net. I am writing this on December 26, 2020
I took the liberty of contacting Jeff Mackwood this morning on your behalf and included a screenshot of your post. Jeff tells me he emailed you. If you haven't received his email, let me know and I'll in turn let him know.

I took the liberty of contacting Jeff Mackwood this morning on your behalf and included a screenshot of your post. Jeff tells me he emailed you. If you haven't received his email, let me know and I'll in turn let him know.
Thank you for the responses. To be honest I thought I might try to refurbish myself, but I have neither the tools nor the electronic know-how. I hate to see my once great sounding speakers just sit., Perhaps it would be best to try to sell them to someone knowledgeable enough to refurbish and put them back into use where they belong. I realize that shipping these to anyone purchasing could get expensive—these things weigh something like 75 pounds each, but we will see. I just cannot put them out to trash. They have too much potential to the right-minded person.

Thank you for the responses. To be honest I thought I might try to refurbish myself, but I have neither the tools nor the electronic know-how. I hate to see my once great sounding speakers just sit., Perhaps it would be best to try to sell them to someone knowledgeable enough to refurbish and put them back into use where they belong. I realize that shipping these to anyone purchasing could get expensive—these things weigh something like 75 pounds each, but we will see. I just cannot put them out to trash. They have too much potential to the right-minded person.
Where you able to converse with Jeff M?

Yes I did receive email from Jeff. He recommended a place in Tampa (about five hour drive for me)
It was the holiday s and thus they were closed up. I intend to contact them to see wif they can refurbish for me but I began thinking it may be best to part with the speakers if I can find the right home for them. But we will see what Tampa says about getting these repaired before any final decision. Thank you for your interest.

Back