• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Last Play At Shea - Documentary

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
This one really hit home with me being from and growing up on Long Island, NY and being a Met fan during the 60's and 70's (Tom Seaver, Willy Mays, Buddy Harrelson, etc).

I enjoyed Billy Joel's music when I was younger, however those were my Hard Rock Days and just wouldn't give in, until my later years. I then began to understand Billy's talent and song writing abilities.

This Blu Ray actually covers Billy's career and life as well as the history of Shea Stadium, however they only briefly touched on the time when the NY Jets played Football there.

I also learned that Robert Moses lead the NY Parks System and made these Long Island areas what they are today .

This documentary is really great!

113049_large.jpg

^ I have been meaning to add a :handgestures-thumbup: to your post, heeman! We own this Blu-Ray, so awesome. I mentioned to Zing recently that we need to view it again soon. Luv, Billy! We went to see him & Elton John in Pittsburgh many, many years ago. Two of our favorites.

I highly suggest this Blu-Ray to all.

Enjoyed this last night! :music-listening: I forgot about this...

One of the most moving segments is about Pete Flynn, a gruffy Irishman who had been the head groundskeeper at Shea since 1964. Everyone from Tom Seaver to Strawberry talks about their love for the guy and how he was as much a part of the Mets as anyone. One scene shows Flynn driving McCartney to the stage and telling him “I drove you in 1964.” Classic. :handgestures-thumbup:

Back