• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Malcolm Young Died This Morning

I know I 'm getting old when bands I know start having members passing to the great arena in the sky. RIP

64 is pretty young to die. I have to be in the right mood to listen to AC/DC, but when I am, it always gets cranked to 11. RIP Malcolm! On a side note, I don't know if it's their doing or not, but the band has seemed to implode the last couple of years. First kicking Brian out of the band, then the drummer got arrested for attempted murder(I think), and now Malcolm's passing.

64 is pretty young to die. I have to be in the right mood to listen to AC/DC, but when I am, it always gets cranked to 11. RIP Malcolm! On a side note, I don't know if it's their doing or not, but the band has seemed to implode the last couple of years. First kicking Brian out of the band, then the drummer got arrested for attempted murder(I think), and now Malcolm's passing.

I thought Brian was still in the band. He has been touring with them. They had replaced Malcolm due to his health issues, but I was unaware of Brian issues. Have I been under a rock?

I thought Brian was still in the band. He has been touring with them. They had replaced Malcolm due to his health issues, but I was unaware of Brian issues. Have I been under a rock?
At the time, I thought there was a little controversy, with the band saying he was booted, and him saying it was because he had severe hearing loss and didn't want it to go farther. But the his Wikipedia page just says he left the band for the hearing loss issue, and that Axl Rose finishing the tour with them. Maybe somebody else will remember exactly went on, but I do remember there was some drama at the time.

At the time, I thought there was a little controversy, with the band saying he was booted, and him saying it was because he had severe hearing loss and didn't want it to go farther. But the his Wikipedia page just says he left the band for the hearing loss issue, and that Axl Rose finishing the tour with them. Maybe somebody else will remember exactly went on, but I do remember there was some drama at the time.

Ahh yes, my memory has failed me again. I remember that. His doctors told him if he continued he would completely lose his hearing.

Thank you sir.

RIP Mr. Young.
I remember when I was 12 hearing "Big Balls" blasting from the neighbours yard....5 houses away!! Didn't really like the tune...but of course I was 12 so I snickered. I think it was Bon Scott's voice I didn't like? Not that Brian Johnson's was that much different. But fast forward 4 years and I think I wore out my Back In Black album. Like Huey...I could NOT play that album quietly.

Well, if truth be told , Back In Black was my only AC/DC album.:blush:

I never needed to buy one of their records given that they got a ton of airplay. I heard about as much of them as I ever wanted to hear - and they still come back from time to time in my everyday life.

I never needed to buy one of their records given that they got a ton of airplay. I heard about as much of them as I ever wanted to hear - and they still come back from time to time in my everyday life.
I grew up in a podunk town. All radio stations were top 40 or C and W. Never heard them on the radio.

I grew up in a podunk town. All radio stations were top 40 or C and W. Never heard them on the radio.

That sucks. Between the radio, my friend's older brothers, and everyone's blaring car stereo, I could never complain of not hearing the shit out of top-40 Rock music. Lots of pot rock in my town.

I went through a hard rock / metal phase, but AC/DC was one of the bands that I just absolutely couldn't stand. I know they were very influential and I respect that, but... my opinion of their music hasn't changed.

I went through a hard rock / metal phase, but AC/DC was one of the bands that I just absolutely couldn't stand. I know they were very influential and I respect that, but... my opinion of their music hasn't changed.

I don't even know you!

Rest in peace Malcolm!

AC/DC's simplistic hard driving rock songs were a large part of my younger years............ I have to admit that only up until recently did I ever buy their music.

Now you are part of that ever growing rock band in the sky!!

Back