• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Mandalorian discussion thread!

Deacon

Humble Servant
I have seen all these threads about shows you guys watch and love and discuss and to put it mildly, I was jealous. Jealous because it was never anything I watched and could participate in. Game of Thrones didn't do it for me so I could never get attached. Never watched Deadwood. I did watch Walking Dead but no one seemed to want to talk about that so here I am!

The one guy in the office that has interest does not have Disney+ and only catches an episode when he goes over his friends house so he is worse than useless. I can't talk to him cause he is 3 or 4 episodes behind and I would just be a spoiler machine for him.

So finally a show that I have enough interest in to watch religiously and no one to talk to about it. So we are going to talk about The Mandalorian whether you like it or not!

Is the 8th episode (which I just watched) the end of the season? Kinda seemed like it, plot-wise, but not sure...

lol You started it, ask a question or something.

How about we speculate on where "baby Yoda" came from... Were there any clues? Does he have an actual name?

We had a thread somewhere ...
I liked season one a lot. If I’m honest though there were a few things I didn’t care for. I think Batman mentioned in that other thread about how “small” a few of the episodes felt (4, 5 and 6 specifically).
I know that even at 50 years old that baby Yoda is, well, a baby, but I always imagined that even though their bodies aged slower that “yodas” mental capacity grew as fast or faster than a humans. So by 50 years old I’d expect that a “baby Yoda” could at least talk.

lol You started it, ask a question or something.

How about we speculate on where "baby Yoda" came from... Were there any clues? Does he have an actual name?

In Empire when Luke leaves Yoda to rescue Han and Leia , the ghost of Obi Wan says “there goes our last hope” and Yoda says “no, there is another”. We just assumed he was talking about Leia. But in hindsight Obi Wan clearly already knew about Leia so was Yoda talking about Baby Yoda?

Obviously this character wasn’t part of the original script but it’s a neat loop hole.

In Empire when Luke leaves Yoda to rescue Han and Leia , the ghost of Obi Wan says “there goes our last hope” and Yoda says “no, there is another”. We just assumed he was talking about Leia. But in hindsight Obi Wan clearly already knew about Leia so was Yoda talking about Baby Yoda?

Interesting idea but that was 40 years ago and I doubt that their was a thought of a Mandalorian story line.

In addition Jon Favreu who has directed a number of episodes and I understand to be the creative force behind the series was only 13 yo when Empire cane out.

Interesting idea but that was 40 years ago and I doubt that their was a thought of a Mandalorian story line.

In addition Jon Favreu who has directed a number of episodes and I understand to be the creative force behind the series was only 13 yo when Empire cane out.

I know but that misses the point. Rogue One and none of the current trilogy were part of the original storyline either.

it’s just a neat tie-back

Obviously this character wasn’t part of the original script but it’s a neat look hole.

After some thought I would say Yoda's remark was more for the audience to create mysttery because at that time it was not general knowledge that Luke and Leia were related.

You’re dismissing the idea of this new storyline possibility because it wasn’t part of Lucas’s original plan. I’m saying new storylines are often born from loose ends that were never intended to be pulled.

Well the "kid" would have been born already presumably at the end of episode 6, if he's ~50 at the time of the Mandalorian, which (I assume?) takes place somewhere between episodes 6 and 7. So it's possible Yoda knew of him, or of course is even his father or some relation.

Have we ever seen another of Yoda's race in other SW movies? I don't even remember if his race/species has a name...

Well the "kid" would have been born already presumably at the end of episode 6, if he's ~50 at the time of the Mandalorian, which (I assume?) takes place somewhere between episodes 6 and 7. So it's possible Yoda knew of him, or of course is even his father or some relation.

Have we ever seen another of Yoda's race in other SW movies? I don't even remember if his race/species has a name...

The only other “Yoda” seen in the movies is Yaddle. She was at a Jedi council meeting during The Phantom Menace.

Did you recognize the voice, laugh and mannerisms of the red Devaronian named Berg. The Kurgan straight out of Highlander.

clancy-brown_opt.jpg

^-- Yup. I even thought there was a pretty good "there can be only one moment" in there somewhere. :laughing:

Did you recognize the voice, laugh and mannerisms of the red Devaronian named Berg. The Kurgan straight out of Highlander.

View attachment 10183

Probably my favorite line of the series was from that episode. When Mayfield (played byBill Freaking Burr) is introduced as “a former imperial sharpshooter” the Mandalorian replies “That’s not saying much,” and Mayfeld shoots back, “I wasn’t a stormtrooper, wiseass!”

Any Breaking Bad fans here? I think it's cool that the guy who played Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) plays Moff Gideon in this.

Back