• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Marantz SR7002 for $200

Nufan

A local guy is selling a Marantz SR7002 for $200. Well, he was asking $275, but I told him at $200 I might be in the game. This is from the Facebook marketplace. Obviously I'm gonna take an Elac over there and test all the channels.
I was thinking of using to run my Elac debut 6 in the converted garage room.
Currently I have a Marantz NR1403 in there. Thinking the 6 ohm speakers might be pushing it a bit too much. I hope to actually have a little "theater" area in there, but really it gonna be our den.
Think $200 for a 10yr old receiver is bad?
I got a Marantz SR6008 for $200 a couple years ago and have been happy with it in the living room.

Thoughts?
Thanks

I would pay really close attention to the physical shape of the unit, because that will tell you a good deal about any abuse or breakdowns it might have had. Actually, I'd say that the way something has been taken care of is almost as important as checking out whether its OK electronically - at least as far as you can test it casually. Something as obvious as really excessive crud inside can be evidence of overheating. Actually, without test instruments and the knowledge of how do do tests, there's really very little you can determine beyond that all channels can pass a signal. So just be careful and be aware. If the unit is flawless physically and has obviously been taken care of, that will tell you a lot.

Back