• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

More new (to me) speakers

Haywood

Famous
The room I have to put my main system in for a couple of years won't work with my current surround setup. I cannot do 7.1 and my dipoles make no sense. I needed a pair of well matched direct radiators to put in the back corners of the room, able toward the listening position. Studio/20s were a little more than I want to spend right now, so I grabbed a pair of Mini Monitors (v2) for $160. My ADP-370s blend perfectly, so I expect these to serve well.

Hey quit stealing my version of Paradigms. I saw those pair on eBay. They are pretty big so I used the Walli speaker mounts for them.

Our speakers must be about the same age if you are on the same version I am. One of the great things about v2 is that they are pretty cheap now and match my stuff perfectly.

I've always loved that combination of HT speakers.

Has anyone listened to the current versions of the upper-mainstream speakers from Paradigm? Are they similar to the classics?

Our speakers must be about the same age if you are on the same version I am. One of the great things about v2 is that they are pretty cheap now and match my stuff perfectly.
I had my speakers put up for years and am now just getting them out now that I have the house. I bought a pair of Minis several months back for about $100 off eBay. Then I got some Atoms for the 7.1 setup which I finally hung last night. Now to figure out how to run wires in wall

I wish I would have known and I would've told you to offer much lower. But still not a bad price since they are good.

I've always loved that combination of HT speakers.

Has anyone listened to the current versions of the upper-mainstream speakers from Paradigm? Are they similar to the classics?
I have not heard the new Paradigm stuff. I've read some that say they are a little off in accuracy in favor of a movie speaker, if that makes sense.

As you know, I'm eventually upgrading my speakers as a save slowly for my next speakers.

Congrats of the new to you speakers..............

Just remember, there is always away to figure out how to mount speakers.

1102280008-jpg.1228

Here is my placement issue. The display will be on the wall where the picture is above the couch. It is the only place I can put it. Two of the walls are almost wide open and the third has windows. The only place I can put surrounds is the back corners.
ISesi5r9xtud2z0000000000.jpg

IS6mgt83tlmg2z0000000000.jpg

ISyfehqwodej2z0000000000.jpg

Here is my placement issue. The display will be on the wall where the picture is above the couch. It is the only place I can put it. Two of the walls are almost wide open and the third has windows. The only place I can put surrounds is the back corners.
ISesi5r9xtud2z0000000000.jpg

IS6mgt83tlmg2z0000000000.jpg

ISyfehqwodej2z0000000000.jpg
Maybe its just me, but why muck up a great looking living room like you have with A/V components which will look way out of place, no matter where they're positioned.

It's complicated. I would sit in the sweet spot, play various content, and enjoy the fuckin' hell out of it (until DTS security kicked me out).

That’s what I do every night when I am home!!!

Back