• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Muffled center

bmwuk

I am at the mercy of not having the original remote to my Receiver so at this time my Paradigm Monitors aren't properly balanced. But that being said, the center channel still sounds muffled or not as dynamic as the two fronts. I bought a used remote to setup the receiver properly but it wont arrive for a bit.

The speakers havent been used for several years. Is it possible that the center is now just toast? Visually it looks fine.

Swap out the center and right front and see if the problem stays with the center or moves to the right front. At least then you will know whether it is the speaker or the receiver.

Hey Deacon! Long time. I will try that. Finding the time with a newborn, well that is a challenge. New home and new room yet to be Set up

Lightly touching the center's woofer will tell you if the woofer is working, and putting your ear up to the tweeter will tell you on that (and would be my first suspect, if the sound is "muffled").

The whole reason I started frequenting the old S&V forum was for something similar... it turned out the bridge connecting the hi and low inputs had come loose. The picture below is sort of what mined looked like. As soon as I reconnected, it all came back to normal. Not sure if that's the case here, but it did sound similar.

swt015a.JPG

The whole reason I started frequenting the old S&V forum was for something similar... it turned out the bridge connecting the hi and low inputs had come loose. The picture below is sort of what mined looked like. As soon as I reconnected, it all came back to normal. Not sure if that's the case here, but it did sound similar.

swt015a.JPG

They only have 2 terminals, right and left.

Ahhh... I have some old Paradigm Studios -- I thought they might have had the same basic terminal cup.

Lightly touching the center's woofer will tell you if the woofer is working, and putting your ear up to the tweeter will tell you on that (and would be my first suspect, if the sound is "muffled").
I honestly am not sure. My receiver is old and I'm awaiting the original remote off ebay so I can access features my universal remote can't . Lost mine and hell, it is an old Pioneer Elite VSX-41. I know it is due for an upgrade but before spending I wanted to make sure existing speakers are okay? The center speaker sounds as if the tweeter is out but then again the receiver has been out in a garage for a while.

Back