• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My New Dynaudio C1's

team_tsp

Hey everyone, I've been busy and haven't posted much, but wanted to share my excitement in getting a new pair of Dynaudio C1's in gloss black :). For a few years I was toying around with the idea of putting together a new system, and am finally in a good position to do so!

I purchased these through Chris (aka @Batman), and the transaction went flawlessly! He answered all my questions quickly, took the time to understand my situation/schedule, was never pushy, and was able to get me a great price also :D

I have these set up temporarily on old stands and electronics. I'm researching new stands and electronics, and will create a separate thread for that topic.

I just got them yesterday, so these are just my initial impressions (overall I am quite pleased :D) -

Pros:
  • High resolution with awesome detail
  • No harshness
  • Very good timbre reproduction
  • Good soundstage and depth
  • Transparent
  • Excellent transient response (the drivers start/stop quickly)
Other thoughts / "Cons":
  • My memory of speaker auditioning may not be wholly reliable over the years, but I feel a few other speakers showed certain strengths on certain songs/sounds. But no other speaker was as good of an all-arounder as these C1's.
    • I'm still getting used to the C1's, so that may also be affecting my initial impressions.
A few pictures -
  • The speakers came in non-descript boxes (double-boxed), with good foam inserts.
  • The accessories included white gloves lol :p
  • The gloss black is very deep/reflective, as shown in the last pic
inside-box.jpg unwrapped.jpg accessories.jpg glamor1.jpg reflective.jpg

Those are my most favorite bookshelf two-way speakers. I am so excited for you.

You will be hearing new stuff in music for years, enjoy it.

Those are my most favorite bookshelf two-way speakers. I am so excited for you.

You will be hearing new stuff in music for years, enjoy it.
Thanks Flint!

It really is interesting to hear how different many songs sound on the C1s. Different recordings sound worse, the same, or better than I was used to lol :)

One huge drawback is the potential to discover that the music you most love and have emotional attachments to actually sound really bad to start with. I will never forget the look on one forum member's face when he auditioned his beloved Radiohead CDs on a pair of these speakers. He was devastated.

Wow, way to go! I have Contour S3.4s and I love that Dynaudio sound too! Post more pics as you fine tune your setup so we can live vicariously through your purchase!

My advice to @heeman when he got his C1s was to listen to (at least) the first half of the first disc of The Wall. I offer you the same advice...

Oh, and @Flint, Radiohead rules - I saw them live last week. :)

You Suck!! :D

Congratulations on the C1s! I'm happy I was able to help you get these amazing speakers! Enjoy them!

Allow me to extend my "Heeman" offer to you, if and when you ever think of "upgrading" the C1s.

Just because I'm that kinda guy.

:)

Jeff

ps. Congrats!

Welcome to the C1 family...........Now get that kick ass amp to help those babies sing!!

Haha thanks everyone :D Though I don't post much, I have really enjoyed reading along on these forums for several years now. And likewise I appreciate everything I've learned from the members here, so it's fun to share the excitement!

Regarding song/studio recording quality, I've definitely come across a few songs now that I used to think sounded great, but have found they sound meh on the C1's lol. But on the flip side, there are a number of songs I never thought sounded that good before, but hearing them on the C1's makes my jaw drop (in a good way). :cool:

I'll try to post more pictures and updates as I continue to put this new system together!

Congrats to someone else for making me insanely jealous!! I don't like it here anymore...I'm leaving...

John

Thanks everyone for the kind words (since when is the phrase "you suck" considered kind words haha :p) @Razz - the Fry meme is great by the way!

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been really busy.

I'm still enjoying the speakers very much, I love how well controlled they sound. I had some friends (who are not really into the hobby) come and listen, they could hear how different the C1's sound compared to budget/average speakers, but I think they had trouble figuring out their first impression of them lol. They probably aren't used to the way a lot of recorded music sounds through such speakers.

The Parasound 2100 (preamp) and A23 (amp) seem to be working just fine with the C1's :)

I'll try to post some pictures when I get some time.

Back