• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My "new" rolling entertainment system

Towen7

Staff member
I recently replaced my living room TV and decided I didn't want to put it in the bedroom. I did want to setup a movie/gaming station in the home office for my nephews and grandkids. I also wanted to put the TV in the dining room for the times we host football parties when the weather isn't great. I also thought it'd be cool to put it on the patio for football games and parties. After debating the pros/cons of the options I decided on all of them. So...
I bought a rolling stand on Amazon for ~$90. I found a good deal on a pretty decent soundbar. Since the Xbox is taking the shelf space I used tie-wraps to secure a surge supressor, a U-verse box (for live TV) and a Roku (for streaming content). There's one more HDMI port on the set should the need arise.
On audio side, there's an Outlaw Audio wireless audio receiver connected to the soundbar. The corresponding transmitter is connected to a Sonos Connect so I can have Sonos playback through this semi-portable rig. The soundbar supports a Bluetooth connection as well but I don't think it'll get much use. I also have an unused subwoofer that'll work perfectly once I get around to building a support shelf that will span the front out-riggers.

I have great wifi reception on the patio/deck so the only wire required is the power.

I've hosted a couple of holiday parties and rolled this rig onto the deck and everything works great. That said it'll live most of it's life in the home office so, in theory, it'll should last a long time. I think we'll get a lot of use out of it.

Here's a shot of the business end...
ED4A4EAA-E7A7-4C64-BEF9-94E19DBF18D4_zpsvxsbeg25.jpg

And the fun side ...
E16EF560-7F7B-4092-B411-5B7AFE020121_zpsu3tcvhx8.jpg

Samsung 58" plasma display
Video Sources:
Xbox One S
U-verse wireless STB
Roku XDS

Yamaha YAS-106 soundbar
Polk PSW110 subwoofer
Audio Sources:
Sonos via Outlaw OAW4
Bluetooth connection to soundbar

Waiting...for...it...to...fall...forward...because...of...missing...screws...

:)

ps. No, we'll never let you forget that!

You need a battery big enough to power it through a full showing of the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy.

That's pretty cool.

Thanks!

It's all low end stuff but I think it'll get a lot of use.

Back