• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My new toy - NAD D7050

AndySTL

I picked up a new toy last week, a NAD digital integrated amplifier. I was able to pick this up for a song as a trade-in at my local Dynaudio dealer. It has some scratches on it but I have all original packaging and remote etc... I had been keeping an eye out for this model or the smaller D3020 for a couple reasons. I really like the built in USB DAC and the form factor which allows it to be positioned either horizontally or vertically. I have intentions of using it vertically on my desk for a PC audio setup with the USB dac and my Dynaudio Audience 52 bookshelf speakers. But so far I just have it setup in the office across the room. It sounds pretty darn good so far. It has built-in streaming too, bluetooth, AirPlay, and Spotify Connect. It can also be controlled via app.

img.php

It really only had two knocks against it when it first came out: lack of analogue inputs and price.

Assuming you don't need the former, and given you got it for a song, sounds like a great buy.

Congrats.

Jeff

ps. I've always liked NAD gear. I've still got five of their stereo power amps, and a pre-amp, kicking around.

Thanks Andy, anxious to hear more of your thoughts as you live with it awhile. I'm still looking at NAD receivers....

Well, I got this email out of the blue today from Spotify. I'm not real happy and I don't know if I should be annoyed with NAD or Spotify. Maybe Spotify is rolling out some changes and the folks at NAD don't want to develop further firmware updates? This sucks...

Important information about your NAD speaker
Hello,

Thank you for your continued support of Spotify.

We want to give you a heads up that support for Spotify will soon be removed from your NAD device. At Spotify we regrettably sometimes have to make the difficult decision to discontinue device-specific integrations as the platform continues to evolve.

For years Spotify has been streamed on thousands of NAD music systems and we want you to still be able to enjoy this experience. To keep playing Spotify we recommend the Bluesound NODE 2 wireless music streamer, giving you the ability to play music to your NAD device using Spotify on your phone, tablet or laptop.

For alternative ways to keep enjoying Spotify, please contact your local NAD dealer or visit support.nadelectronics.com

Thanks and keep rocking,
Spotify

That's the major gripe I have with things which rely on some sort of software support or continued reliance on the original manufacturer to remain in business; if something like what you experienced happens, you're essentially screwed. IoT devices are particularly vulnerable since if support goes away, you've got a useless brick.

Back