• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

My phono stage

Wardsweb

Renaissance man
Here is my latest project. Just finished it. Right now it has Gold Lion tubes. Waiting on some Telefunkin to see what it will really do.

wwphono.jpg

Nice! Cool enclosure, did you get that as a kit, or... ?

I got the chassis off Ebay and scratch built the rest.

Here is a picture of the chassis before I did the tube socket cut outs.

chassis.jpg

Very nice!
I had a pair of 6922 Gold Lions, input stage on my LYR amp, not up to par to my ears. I don't own any Telefunkin but they've got to be better than the GL's.

Rope

Here I have done the original layout and cut out to recess the transformer up into the transformer cover.

layout.jpg

Huh, are those standard RCA terminals? That's an interesting way to use those, basically as soldering posts.

PaulyT said:
Huh, are those standard RCA terminals? That's an interesting way to use those, basically as soldering posts.

I got them off Ebay.

Attachments

• gold-RCA.jpg
    gold-RCA.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 798
Cool. From the pic, it seems like you're wiring to both the inside and outside of the jacks in some cases? That would give you the ability to wire on the underside of those boards, as well. That's just a cool idea, never seen that before. Do you design/tweak the underlying circuit diagrams, and the layout on these boards?

Everything you do is so very neat and tidy. Your pieces are almost as much of works of art as they are audio components. And I mean that in a good way, for sure.

PaulyT said:
Cool. From the pic, it seems like you're wiring to both the inside and outside of the jacks in some cases? That would give you the ability to wire on the underside of those boards, as well. That's just a cool idea, never seen that before. Do you design/tweak the underlying circuit diagrams, and the layout on these boards?

Everything you do is so very neat and tidy. Your pieces are almost as much of works of art as they are audio components. And I mean that in a good way, for sure.

Yes, I soldered to the turret post three ways; from the bottom inside the post, from the top inside the post and from the top around the post. While true to the schematic, it allows me flexibility in the layout and easier to put a lot of wires at a single point.

Thanks for the compliment. I like things done cleanly. It speaks to my inner Zen and OCD. It also makes it a lot easier to trouble shoot, if there is an issue.

You are truly talented with your craft, WW! :eusa-clap: :text-coolphotos: :eusa-clap:

You should share more of your work!

Babs said:
You are truly talented with your craft, WW! :eusa-clap: :text-coolphotos: :eusa-clap:

You should share more of your work!

I prefer prettier pictures. I seem to remember Zing posting a headshot of you but I can't find it. You're a beautiful woman. Zing is a very lucky man.

Wardsweb said:
I seem to remember Zing posting a headshot of you but I can't find it. You're a beautiful woman. Zing is a very lucky man.
If you're done hitting on my wife... :angry-cussingblack: :teasing-tease:

...you must be referring to one of these three photos (Photo 1, Photo 2 or Photo 3).

And you're right, I am lucky. I don't know what I did to be blessed with her but I'm not questioning it.

Getting back to the topic of your gear, I'll say it again: even at 50 years old, I'm available for adoption if you're interested. Play your cards right and I may even bring my wife. :text-lol:

It was photo 3 that I was thinking of and I wasn't hitting on your wife. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :angelic-green:

I don't know about adoption but if you're ever down San Antonio way, you have an open invitation and a quest room with your name on it.

Back