• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Neal Morse does another Christian album, but he is challening the old "Hard Rock" genre

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar

He just released an amazing album with the Neal Morse Band and is touring it now, but then he announced a Christian album with his regular bass and keyboard players and some other singer and drummer. This is interesting, to me. Being a Christian I am not put off by the content of his lyrics, but it is overtly religious for those of you who cannot handle someone singing about salvation.

I like the drummer in this video. He is demonstrating why Studio Musicians rarely create excitement while performing life. His playing rocks as hard as anyone's, but he is just sitting there like he is doing email on his computer in a cubical. Most drummers look like that when they are taking the playing seriously in the studio or when practicing. However, when going out and performing life, the legendary drummers learned to look more intense, which actually makes what they are playing more difficult to pull off. The legendary drummer Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson, etc.) was famous for telling his peers to raise their cymbals so high that they were just close enough to reach without standing up solely to make normal playing look more cool to the audience - it also moved the cymbals away from the player's face so he could be seen by the audience.

Anyway. I like this song and will likely buy the album.

Back