• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Near Perfect Projector - Sony Short Throw VPL-VZ1000

Towen7

Staff member

THIS is pretty much everything I want in a projector. According to the reviewer it'll retail for "less than $25K". That sounds like a lot but for a laser, 4K, HDR display with 4 fully capable inputs and a screen size of up to 120" ... it's a shockingly low price.

3 feet wide and 77 lbs. a behemoth!!! very nice. i also liked the screen. fascinating!!! when i win the lottery...look out!!!

Spiffy. So instead of buying a new piano, I could get that! :shocked:

If I could only get Sony and Dynuadio to collaborate on a built-in center channel for this beauty....

If I could only get Sony and Dynuadio to collaborate on a built-in center channel for this beauty....
Funny, that was my first reaction. Where do I put the centre channel. In my case because I use a dedicated centre channel (ie horizontal) I suspect with the right stand the PJ would be on top and the centre on the bottom. Not ideal, but I could make it work. Unfortunately, at that price, I can't make the PJ work!!:crying:

But as Chuck and I can attest... isn't that what placing a great centre channel speaker behind an acoustically-transparent screen all about?

:nyah:

I checked it out yesterday, very nice. But the Sony OLED TVs were so incredibly stunning, nothing else caught my eye.

Back