• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New A/VR's ?

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
I'll be looking in the near future for a receiver for our family room (along with a monitor & BR player). But what I'm seeing is, you have to really move up the ladder to get pre-outs on 'em. Most seem to have a pretty good EQ/set-up system but I want it to have a sub EQ as well (thats something later I'll have to sneak by the Boss....a new boom-boom thing). Also speaker binding posts don't look that bad (spring loaded).
I'm not an Onkyo or Yamaha fan & kinda stay away from Pioneer due to not having any luck with Pioneer gear from years past (DVD players & receivers...they would just die or the display would dissappear...all after warranty went out...had to take a DVD player apart to get a DVD out of it).
I can't buy now......just watching.

Do you only plan to use the pre-outs or do you want to use the receivers amps also?

I'm seriously considering the Oultaw 975. Since I want to use an outboard amp I dont need/want a receiver.

I've considered the same when the time comes. Although, I've also thought about using an ATI pre-amp, and just use analog connections with the Oppo (and use the oppo as a switch) as well....(The ATI doesn't have HDMI inputs).

But the Outlaw is very interesting.

jamhead said:
You looking for 5/7 channels, or 2?

If 2.1 setup, look no further than here (unless you need video switching):

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/rr2150.html

:scared-yipes: :scared-yipes: :scared-yipes: :scared-yipes:
$700 for a 2.1 receiver ????? I don't want to spend anything close to that for a 5.1 A/V receiver. I will just be using the receiver for everything, but I still have my 5 channel Marantz amp...
This is just for the family room....at most it'll just be 3.1. Just haven't looked for a long time (back when ya'll were still sucking your thumbs.... :teasing-neener: ) and pre-outs were common.
Marantz & Denon would be wonderful...but it seems they are proud of their Chineese made stuff....then it goes up with anything made in Japan....
Just keeping my eyes open...need to fill my pocket some more it seems (my son just emptied it today....High Hat & stand) ......

I'm a huge fan of Denon and hate Pioneer just on the basis of their universal crossover.

If Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon and Marantz are all out... and I'm guessing Integra, Rotel, and Anthem are out of the price range. What else are you considering?

The only other brand that comes to mind is Sony.

Back