• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Batman Trailer

It‘s a huge undertaking to outdo or be on par with the Nolan trilogy. But based on this 2+ min teaser knowing they’ve only shot 25-30% of the film, it looks damn possible. As a fan, I couldn’t be more pleased with what they showed and the direction of this movie. If there were any doubts about Pattinson I hope this curbed them some. So many people like to make grand proclamations before even seeing the final product. Bottom line, I loved what I saw.

It‘s a huge undertaking to outdo or be on par with the Nolan trilogy. But based on this 2+ min teaser knowing they’ve only shot 25-30% of the film, it looks damn possible. As a fan, I couldn’t be more pleased with what they showed and the direction of this movie. If there were any doubts about Pattinson I hope this curbed them some. So many people like to make grand proclamations before even seeing the final product. Bottom line, I loved what I saw.

I have zero reservations about Pattinson in this role. He has already proven that he can rise above his earlier typecast work. Unrelated I would say the same about his Twilight counterpart as well. They are both doing much better things these days.

I have zero reservations about Pattinson in this role. He has already proven that he can rise above his earlier typecast work. Unrelated I would say the same about his Twilight counterpart as well. They are both doing much better things these days.
Plus Matt Reeves is a quality director. When the studio brings someone like that on board to be in charge, he instantly deserves some leeway on his choice for the lead. You’re absolutely correct about Pattinson, he has turned in some good stuff his last several movies and his career trajectory isn‘t terribly far off from Bale’s. I’d have had a lot less confidence in the Pattinson casting if someone like Michael Bay were directing a Batman flick.

Plus Matt Reeves is a quality director. When the studio brings someone like that on board to be in charge, he instantly deserves some leeway on his choice for the lead. You’re absolutely correct about Pattinson, he has turned in some good stuff his last several movies and his career trajectory isn‘t terribly far off from Bale’s. I’d have had a lot less confidence in the Pattinson casting if someone like Michael Bay were directing a Batman flick.

Agreed. I think all things point to this actually being a quality flick. Collin Farrell has also been solid in several recent roles... rumored to be unrecognizable in this one.

Collin Farrell has also been solid in several recent roles... rumored to be unrecognizable in this one.
not a rumor, it’s absolutely true. (My favorite Colin Farrell flick is In Bruges, I thought he was brilliant)

BA2A158F-4000-4E20-8F03-512616055EBC.jpeg

not a rumor, it’s absolutely true. (My favorite Colin Farrell flick is In Bruges, I thought he was brilliant)

View attachment 10906

In Bruges was great. Killing of A Sacred Deer and The Lobster are also both brilliant (if not quirky) Farrell performances. Very happy that director Yogos Lanthimos has latched onto Farrell for some great and challenging roles.

i am also excited about this one. kinda reminds me of the original keaton movie, with almost all of the villains (except the riddler, which came out later).

colin farells a good actor, heck i still watch total recall and that movie with noomi repace a lot with him.

i also liked him in the gentleman, which he played an awesome role in. personally, i thought the gentleman they were referring to, was in fact, him.

saw the analysis on the trailer. pretty good opinions, definitely a more rogue bruce wayne, younger, brute.

looking forward to seeing this. always have. personally i think joker will be in this.

on a sidenote, would this be 'independent' of what they are doing in the DCU? meaning, with the flash trailer i see batfleck in it. but i also percieved to see the keaton batmobile too. so... multiverse? i know a bit about flash, but not all of it due to its multiverse part.

^^ zero % chance the Joker is in this. Rumors are he wouldn’t make an appearance until the third film in this iteration.

This isn’t part of the DCU in that this Batman won’t run into Gal Gadot’s WW, Jason Mamoa’s AM etc…i guess the door is open to some sort of multiverse appearance way down the road but I highly doubt it. Both Keaton and Afleck will appear in The Flash.

Fairly certain this has a year one year two Miller vibe.
Had the third film in The Nolan trilogy had been any good at all I would agree with Batman’s assessment but man was that third film horrible.

Pattinson’s evolution as an actor has been positive, unfortunately skewed because he collected a nice paycheck in a garbage franchise. So has Deniro and every other actor on the planet.

Got my early IMAX fan screening tix for March 1 @ 7……haven’t been this excited for a Batman flick since ‘08!!!

Back