• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Marantz Receiver

Deerhunter

Just got the ok from the boss and ordered the Marantz SR5010 and I picked up a couple of HDMI cords too. Can't wait, should be home when I get back. :blush:

Good move. I have the SR5OO5. Yours is clearly a step up in technology. Fact is Marantz is a solid product. Enjoy, and a question. Who's that Boss? I know I'm not a boss in my domain. I like to think I am.

I just picked up a 6010 a couple months back and could not be happier with it. Marantz makes great stuff. You are going to love the Audyssey calibration feature. It is really slick and does an excellent job.

I just picked up a 6010 a couple months back and could not be happier with it. Marantz makes great stuff. You are going to love the Audyssey calibration feature. It is really slick and does an excellent job.
Plus 1 on the Audyssey

The only caveat with Audyssey is that you still need to go into the settings and put in correct speaker sizes and crossover points.

Congrats!

-you-suck-meme-53425.jpg

Thank you.

My old Denon had the mike too, but from my understanding this one will let me take the readings from a few different spots, then it sets a curve up.

Can't wait to got back home again.

Thank you.

My old Denon had the mike too, but from my understanding this one will let me take the readings from a few different spots, then it sets a curve up.

Can't wait to got back home again.

If I remember correctly, mine had me take readings from nine locations.

DH, how far do you normally truck on a trip, and for how long?

I drive as a team, a normal day I run 10.5 hours, and I can run 500 plus on average. The most I got was 630 and change.
Our truck is governed at 62mph, so I can only run so far at my given speed.

This last week went really well and we got 5,800 miles for the week, so it was a really good week it made my wife happy! But it all depends on freight. Right now I'm in Phoenix waiting for a load hopefully in the morning, I only get paid when were rolling, its a commission based job. In a average week we pull around 4,500 thousand miles, running the lower 48 states.

The hard part, I stay out for about 30 days at a time then, 4 at home for the last 2 and a half years.
Now I am working on finding a local job, since I have some driving experience. The tricky part , finding a local job that pays the same wage I get now. Its just a slow process, they have a lot of local jobs, but the pay is not right. I can take a small cut in pay, since I have my VA disability too. At some point it will work out, I am not going to miss my kids growing up. That's my motivation.

Time for sleep, just noticed its 1:38 am dang time fly's.

20170311_205436.jpg

Not the best picture, but their it is. So far only used the bluetooth last night. I still need to run the speaker cal set up. I will get that set up tonight when I get back home.

20170311_205504.jpg

Still a bit of a mess, its a work in progress done spent the pore-mans lotto. Washer dryer ceiling fans, ect. But I did get my stereo!

Back