• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New on NF

mzpro5

Famous
NF seems to have added a number of new movies and TV shows in the last few days.

Tron Legacy is available, just started looking thru the list.

Chinatown
Breaking Bad
Blues Brothers
The Awakening
Big Lebowski
And more.

i wonder how you got to know the new stuff... :happy-smileygiantred:

anyways, i think this is one reason why im starting to avoid buying catalogue blu-rays, most of em are streamed online too.

darn it, i loved tron legacy. like a blonde, its got nothin in it, but it sure as hell is purdy.

jomari said:
anyways, i think this is one reason why im starting to avoid buying catalogue blu-rays, most of em are streamed online too.

I was thinking about starting a thread about that very topic... I've cut my purchases of movies on disc to almost nothing. I find myself buying only epics (Star Wars, LOTR, Army of Darkness) and those movies that are visual knockouts (Transformers, Tron, Armybof Darkness) . Otherwise I'll stream or rent from RedBox if not available on NF.

tried to find the happy birthday thread towen, belated happy birthday!

i think thats the thing, a number of people have learned to 'compromise', rather maximize the use of their theaters.

for a number of us who have tried to reach the best we can with our home theaters, a number of us have plateaued. is that bad? did we grow out of it? not necessarily.

but we have learned (in my opinion), to compromise due to certain aspects that we HAVE to deal with. find each dvd you have and figure out how much you've spent on each catalogue item, and figure that into your expenses.

what im trying to say is, that i can accept certain movies to be subpar quality, and enjoy two hours of my AVR doing some dolby digital processing with the sound.

my swooshes wouldnt be true to form, but hey, i saved a couple of bucks. :happy-smileygiantred:

jomari said:
what im trying to say is, that i can accept certain movies to be subpar quality, and enjoy two hours of my AVR doing some dolby digital processing with the sound.

my swooshes wouldnt be true to form, but hey, i saved a couple of bucks. :happy-smileygiantred:

There is no reason for me to view almost all comedies and many dramas via BD disc.

I'll certainly stay with BD on all the action and sci-fi titles though.

mzpro5 said:
jomari said:

There is no reason for me to view almost all comedies and many dramas via BD disc.

I'll certainly stay with BD on all the action and sci-fi titles though.

probably the main reason why i bought deadwood on dvd. even tho its a great series, great sound and all, i didnt know if its worth the extra cost for me.

likewise, i would likely see a couple of movies here and there in such format. i like streaming for its convenience, hopefully in time i can try out amazons vod service (i have it), but never manned up to buy one.

The market has proven time and time and time again that convenience trumps quality and even quantity. For me, and most people I think, the primary reason to have content on disc is the convenience of being able to play it on your schedule. Most of us are willing to pay a reasonable premium for better picture/sound thus we have migrated to BD. Now that content is becoming available from more convenient sources many of us are willing to sacrifice some level of quality on some content.

Towen7 said:
I thought you were a Netfix streaming subscriber Rope.

I was T7, however, considering the poor selection and price increase, I cancelled my new streaming subscription.

At one point, I made a list of older movies that I wanted to stream and had very little luck finding them on the Netflix streaming site. I don't know how Netflix can justify a price increase when they have very little selection, and changing the name for their disc service to Quikster, seems like killing the goose that layed the golden egg.

Rope

Rope said:
At one point, I made a list of older movies that I wanted to stream and had very little luck finding them on the Netflix streaming site. I don't know how Netflix can justify a price increase when they have very little selection, and changing the name for their disc service to Quikster, seems like killing the goose that layed the golden egg.

Rope

i have to do this one day, and see if its really worth my 10 bucks a month...

i also agree on the quikster. i bet it was a matter of convenience to change the regular dvd mail service, rather than the streaming for legal purposes, fees to change name etc?

im curious when the quikster starts tho.

Back