• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New Place to Score DMA Movies

Haywood

Famous
http://familyfriendlyflicks.com/

This place has a great selection of Disney titles. The only drawback is that you need to know the XML trick for redeeming iTunes movies. Once redeemed in iTunes, they become available to linked Vudu and Google Play accounts via DMA. Basically, you need an ISO image burned to a disc that contains a special XML file that spoofs a real disc, because iTunes still requires a digital copy disc to redeem certain codes. Dumb. Anyway, the work-around is pretty easy. I have the ISO if anyone needs it.

I managed to score Monsters, Inc. and all three Toy Story movies. It has been nice to see a lot more Disney content showing up, especially since Vudu joined DMA and we can use iTunes redemption.

At Bats last GTG he gave me like 10 disney codes so I lucked out there. I just want The Avenges and Iron Man 1

Is "FamilyFriendlyFlicks" one of those operations that take PG and R-rated films and sanitize them?
There were a couple of those outfits here in mormonville. They would scrub popular films down to a "G" rating, and then rent/sell them. They still paid the studios the full price for the movie rights, yet they still got sued and (iirc) put out of business.
The studios claimed that this sanitizing went against the Director's "artistic vision", which I could see, but the F3 businesses actually increased the movies' viewership, and hence revenue, something I would think the studios would support. I dunno.

Botch said:
Is "FamilyFriendlyFlicks" one of those operations that take PG and R-rated films and sanitize them?
There were a couple of those outfits here in mormonville. They would scrub popular films down to a "G" rating, and then rent/sell them. They still paid the studios the full price for the movie rights, yet they still got sued and (iirc) put out of business.
The studios claimed that this sanitizing went against the Director's "artistic vision", which I could see, but the F3 businesses actually increased the movies' viewership, and hence revenue, something I would think the studios would support. I dunno.

Nope. It is just a code store specializing in "family" movies. These are standard iTunes, DMA, Vudu and UV codes for regular movies.

Finally scored The Avengers. Btw Star Wars collection is available on pre-order at Vudu dot com the entire collection and 40 extras for 89.99 till 4/9 then the price jumps up to 119.99 all six movies being released on Friday 4/10

Vudu website on my Roku says the collection is UV but I highly doubt that as SW is owned by Disney and Disney never uses UV. I've written Vudu to get clarification as that is clearly false advertising if it's not going to be UV enabled.

As soon as those Star Wars movies show up on disc, the codes will show up and probably cheaper than $89. I might actually buy the discs for those anyway. I suspect you are correct and the codes are DMA rather than UV.

The codes aren't available on disc you can only buy them at Vudu or MGo but MGo has the 120.00 price.so I doubt we will see any codes for sale on various sites as once you buy the code direct it will only be added to your account and not a code that is sent via email. This will also not be disc to digital available.

MatthewB said:
The codes aren't available on disc you can only buy them at Vudu or MGo but MGo has the 120.00 price.so I doubt we will see any codes for sale on various sites as once you buy the code direct it will only be added to your account and not a code that is sent via email. This will also not be disc to digital available.

What I am saying is that I suspect there will be a disc release at some point and that the discs will ship with codes.

Back