• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New SVS Atmos Speakers

Huey

Famous
I ordered these the other day, and had them shipped to my work. I really didn't look at the specs as far as size, from the pics they looked to be about the same size as the SVS bookshelf speakers I use for surround, but these are much smaller. Shouldn't matter since I'm just using them for Atmos, but sometimes size does matter. As long as they sound better than bi-pole/di-pole polks I'm using right now, I'll be happy. Also happy for a 45 day return window if needed. I'll try to take a picture this weekend, tried saving a picture from the SVS website, but it didn't work.

nice! congrats on the upgrade!
Thanks Jomari. They are a lot smaller than I imagined, almost the size of computer monitors. Thinking I'm gone talk to SVS about returning them for some proper bookshelf speakers that will more closely match the rest of my speakers. They don't sound bad, but setting the level, you can tell they just don't have the impact of a larger speaker.

Thanks Jomari. They are a lot smaller than I imagined, almost the size of computer monitors. Thinking I'm gone talk to SVS about returning them for some proper bookshelf speakers that will more closely match the rest of my speakers. They don't sound bad, but setting the level, you can tell they just don't have the impact of a larger speaker.
wow, thats a bummer.

this is the one i have up front,

i dont mind it, its 'yellow white' not as white as my previous atmos speakers.

funny thing is, i dont even use em anymore. damn kids and kirby games.

when i DO watch stuff, i have this...

81vveztx5tL._AC_SX679_.jpg

wow, thats a bummer.

this is the one i have up front,

i dont mind it, its 'yellow white' not as white as my previous atmos speakers.

funny thing is, i dont even use em anymore. damn kids and kirby games.

when i DO watch stuff, i have this...

81vveztx5tL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Well I guess that's one solution. SVS was great about returns, I would've gladly paid the freight cost back, but it looks like they are picking that up as well. Ordered a pair of Premier Bookshelf speakers, in piano black to match the rest of my speakers, and guessing they will be here Tuesday or Wednesday. This is one of those purchases I didn't need, but had been thinking about doing for awhile. The thought ran through my head about keeping the other speakers as well and using them as "rear presence" speakers, but I already have 4 speakers in the rear, that would be overkill, even though my receiver has the option of to do it.

Back