• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

New to me Marantz

walls

So I’ve been really happy with my Marantz 2220 but found this 2238b on the marketplace and the add said best offer so for shits and giggle I offered $150. They excepted so I ran immediately before the seller realized how much more he could have gotten.
Everything works and if I wanted to I could get $200-250 just for the case.
It’s definitely got the warm bass rich sound that my 2220 has and much better headroom if I want to crack the drywall with the Cornwalls.
The 2220 will most likely end up in my garage if I don’t sell it.

Attachments

• 4D61012B-2FF5-4465-A5A2-756A0EF86121.jpeg
    4D61012B-2FF5-4465-A5A2-756A0EF86121.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 15
I really like the old Marantz 22XX receivers, they sound superb and look good.
I have two Pioneer elites, a So t ES and an H/K 7000, none of them compare to these in two channel.

Taking a poll... best HIFI knob/interface/dial of all time...

1. Smooth rolling Marantz horizontal tuner

OK so there is only one choice in my poll sorry.
Nope. The vertical plates that Yamaha used to use (they still do on some things, but not their/my current 5.1 receiver)

DSCN1075.JPG

Easy to grasp, perfect mechanical click, and you could see where they were set from across the room.

Honorable Mention: tuning knobs on the old Sansui's.

Nope. The vertical plates that Yamaha used to use (they still do on some things, but not their/my current 5.1 receiver)

Easy to grasp, perfect mechanical click, and you could see where they were set from across the room.

Honorable Mention: tuning knobs on the old Sansui's.
Ok so three choices. I remember the Sansui's I had an old one I think my dad got from the Army PX.

Back