• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Now headphones are bursting into flames!

That's one reason to use IEMs.

IEMs like the Apple ear pods still use lithium ion batteries. In fact it could be worse if they caught fire since it would be stuffed in someone's ear canal when the fire started. That battery technology doesn't do well when manufactured as cheaply as possible.

I am still waiting for the make and model of wireless headphones to be named. If these were big name-brand cans, this is important. If it was a no-name Chinese copycat headphone, I am less concerned.

I am still waiting for the make and model of wireless headphones to be named. If these were big name-brand cans, this is important. If it was a no-name Chinese copycat headphone, I am less concerned.

I also wonder if they were stuffed in a bag or something beforehand. Li-Ion batteries don't like to get bent. If the headphones had been folded, spindled, mutilated, or otherwise mistreated the battery could have been damaged, leading to an uncontrolled exothermic reaction strapped to her head.

And that's why electric car batteries cost so much more than cell phone batteries

It's also why they're usually not placed in the crush zones. They end up getting put in places where it's not going to be a simple thing to damage them in a wreck. If they went putting them right behind the rear bumper we'd be seeing stories about "The Ford Pinto of the EV age."

Back