• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

OMG, why??????

smgreen20

My PS3 started acting up, AGAIN!!!!!! I just sent it in a few months ago for repair (quit reading discs) and it just went out of its 90 warranty about a month ago. I don't have another $130 to get it fixed again.

It just stops whatever it's doing and then shuts off. No reason what so ever. In game, movie, even on start up it shut down on me!

Thank God their customer support is open on Sundays. I'm going to have to give them a call and hope that my Loyalty to Playstation and that the 90 day warranty just passed and Christmas coming that they'll cover it. I just got my son one for Christmas too. His is a slim and mine is a Gen 1 60G.

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over

Oh man that sucks, right before the holidays as well.... ugghhh.

Good luck on getting it fixed for free.

After spending $130 for a repair to a $250 unit I would be pissed!

D

It's out in the open w/a 4" fan on it for safe measure, over heating it is not. Even when I turn it on, it doesn't fully get through the PS3 logo and sound it does at start up and freezes, shuts off.

This is a Gen1 60G, a $600 PS3 turning into a $900 unit.

Sony wont cover it, I let them know I was pissed.

Walmarts going to be selling them on blackfriday for $200, sell mine and get most of that back. I see a lot of 60G's selling for ~$150 in non working condition. Craigslist ANOTHER one?????

Sue Sony?????

1 month out of warranty and they stated that their policy is pretty strict about that. That's BS and they know it.

My sons Nintendo DS was 6 weeks out of its 1 yr warranty when a button stopped working, they covered it.

I'm a Sony fan, but this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. XBOX360 looks a bit better now.......... Don't know that I ever could though. Those controllers just don't jive with me

smgreen20 said:
I'm a Sony fan, but this is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. XBOX360 looks a bit better now.......... Don't know that I ever could though. Those controllers just don't jive with me
Really, I thought the 360 controllers were regarded as near the top the industry has ever offered? As a casual gamer I feel like the PS3 controllers are too light and seem poorly made by comparison...BTW I don't really have a horse in the race just find myself preferring the 360 to PS3 knowing I'm always gonna buy the Nintendo offering as long as they make Zelda games and got the XBox for more "serious" gaming...

The XBOX 360's have a year warranty (used it many times on the old models)....didn't know the PS3 was just 90 days...that sucks.
Haven't checked the issues with the new 360 they have now...
My son is a gamer....loves the 360 but also loves our new PC w/HDTV monitor....the same games are cheaper for the PC vs the 360 & you use your keyboard...but you need a good PC & monitor.
Here's the link to what my son uses for his games : Dungeon Defenders, Team Fortress 2, Terraria, Sanctum, Portal 1 & 2, etc.

http://store.steampowered.com/

The steam is free...my son also playes Minecraft which just came out of beta.....on our PC.
Here's a link to the Minecraft (alot of gamers love this game also):
http://www.minecraft.net/

Brand new the PS3's come w/a 1yr warranty, but I had sent mine in a few months ago because it quit reading discs. I got a 90 day warranty from that.

I found that it could be an internal thermal connection issue. There are a few videos on youtube on how to repair it ones self. Going to give it a shot Thanksgiving weekend. I've got the thermal paste, now I just need to get ahold of a heat gun.

I guess I never updated this but I did the thermal treatment as per the YouTube video, has been working ever since like a champ.

smgreen20 said:
I guess I never updated this but I did the thermal treatment as per the YouTube video, has been working ever since like a champ.
Why don't you post a link to that video. A member might be having the same issue.
Glad you fixed it. My son's 360 stopped reading discs again a few months ago, 3 months out of factory warranty (had sent it twice to Microsoft)...we had extended warr from walMart...sent it to them & they replaced the drive........its been working better than new.

is it the older version or the slim by the way?

sorry to hear you had troubles with it. :(

Back