• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

One HUGE issue with Netflix

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I have been putting of a weekend of binge-watching Firefly followed by Serenity for months. On Friday night I watched the 100 minute pilot of Firefly then went to bed ready to watch the rest of the series after firing up my taste-buds to really enjoy the show after nearly a decade of having not watched it.

Well, I get up on Saturday, get some stuff out of the way, always excited to finally be watching Firefly again, and I finally got all the required nonsense done and jumped into my HT to start watching Firefly. Turning on Netflix I am shocked that it isn't in my list anymore. It also cannot be found. It doesn't exist!!! THEY TOOK IT OUT OF THEIR CATALOG ON APRIL 1!!!!!

What the hell!!!

So I try to find it on Amazon Prime, Hulu Plus, YouTube, anywhere I can watch it to no avail. My only option is to "purchase" it from "FullScreen" which is one of the channels Amazon now offers. So, I was going to get to watch it as part of my subscription to Netflix, even watching the first episode, and now I have to pay a full $12.99 to see the rest of the series.

Damn it!!!

Yeah, I've been annoyed by netflix dropping offerings before. Especially, as you say, if you're in the middle...

Yeah, that's the annoying thing about streaming services. You pretty much HAVE to binge watch. If you don't, you run a very real risk that they won't renew the rights and the series gets yanked. I tend to pay attention to those stories "here's what's coming/leaving on X date" so I know if I need to get on the stick for something.

I had a similar thing happen when binge watching the Stargate series. Fortunately, I was all through SG-1, and I only had 4 episodes left of Atlantis when Amazon dropped them. I blame myself mostly, I hadn't watched in a couple of weeks before they dropped them, just didn't know they were going away when they did.

I had a similar thing happen when binge watching the Stargate series. Fortunately, I was all through SG-1, and I only had 4 episodes left of Atlantis when Amazon dropped them. I blame myself mostly, I hadn't watched in a couple of weeks before they dropped them, just didn't know they were going away when they did.

Last time I checked all Stargate series are on Hulu.

I'll have to check it out. Never been on Hulu.

The ad-free version is the only way to go. It is actually a pretty nice service and they picked up a lot of the movies Netflix and Amazon dropped. The only drawback is no 5.1. Hulu is also great for cord cutters, because they have most of the shows that air on network TV and basic cable. The episodes usually appear a day after they air. The catch is that they do not always have previous seasons and sometimes only have the most recent half-dozen episodes. I think it has to do with what other deals the studios made, such as giving Amazon last season's episodes.

Back