• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Outside system.

malsackj

Setting up for the Play.

Wireless body packs in front of Laptop and wireless receivers in rack on far right of mixer.

Attachments

• Mixer.jpg
    Mixer.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,106
  • Speakers.jpg
    Speakers.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,106
Cool! Is that second rack that's kinda tilted in the back of that first picture, your stuff as well? That doesn't look familiar...

PaulyT said:
Cool! Is that second rack that's kinda tilted in the back of that first picture, your stuff as well? That doesn't look familiar...

That looks like one of those open frame table racks for light gear. I used to have a few in my studio:

p8928.jpg

Yes the rack is the open frame from onstage stands.

The mixer is EV M4 32 channel 4 sub group with 4 aux sends. 5 and 6 aux sends are swithed with 3 and 4. I found the mixer on EBay for a steel at 200 and it arrived in the original box with original styrophome. I have added a 2 spring reverb from Gibbs (Hammond organs) to one of the 4U racks
to give me two effects. I run the spring reverb with a M-audio pre or I can insert a Behringer DSP110 shark to provide pre delay, high pass filter, or compresion. With the updated S/N from the new driving amps the reverb realy sounds sweet until you bump the table.

Each of the two EV TL15-1 subs gets a Carvin Fet 450 watt amp. The EV S15-3a main speakers get a Carvin Fet 1000 (300 watts a side)

I have the little EV as my Center with a Toa 220 watt amp. Sony ES2000 surround Pre/pro to do outside movies with. Surrounds are the JBL2600 with the same aluminum cone 6 inch driver but I used dome tweeters instead of finding more EV St-350 tweeters.

malsackj said:
I found the mixer on EBay for a steel at 200 and it arrived in the original box with original styrophome.

You, Sir, suck! (great find!) :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:
Nice to see someone still using spring reverbs too. :handgestures-thumbup:

Another fun setup for a wedding outside I will set the delay longer on the reverb and send the output of the reverb to the rear two speakers and provide a sound like being in the large church but being outside. I also have one of the small Behringer Fex800 effects that allow delays, (echo) and/or with reverb for the second.

Also not in the pictures is two wireless Half wave ground planes from AT they are connected to a AT repeater that takes one antenna and distributes to 4 receivers.
I have two of them in the rack. Some of the receivers have duplicates between body packs and handheld mics, I can now support 6 handheld, with 4 body packs or 6 bodypacks and 3 handheld. I also use one or two body packs to wireless deliver to the rear speakers. 100 to 15 k usually 50 to 75 feet.

We had a mishmash of wireless T/R's in my last band. The bass player and I both owned stereo IEM transmitters, all four of us had belt-mounted receivers/IEMs, and would hard-pan each to right or left, so that each of us got our own customized mono mix. Then, we had wireless TXs (a mix of both VHF and UHF), one for Jeff's bass, Jeff's headset mic, JP's Guitar, JP's headset mic, Wayne's headset mic (no wireless required for drums) and my fiddle and tenor (I used a wired mic on my keyboard stack).
It all worked, and weighed a HELL of a lot less than floor wedges, and amps, and one-mix-fits-all, and...

I have not found the 500 to purchase a IEM and would still need to have the artist provide the earplugs to ensure I am not liable for there ear problems. I also have to get another compressor to process the in ears to prevent damage. I have extra mic's for the room and stage area.

Looking to get one more presonus compressor / limiter for my other two channels on the Quattro for recording. I have the two channels already covered. I most of the time record with two off the board, one in the room, and one from the vocal submix.

Can I borrow ya'lls outside system the next time my wife invites all the hens (Filipino) for karaokee ?
Way over my head as well, have no clue what that gear is/does........ :text-imsorry:

I like that RtoR.

Yes I rent out. 500 for the show, 100 a day for trailer rental, 200 a day lodging, 60 cents a mile travel, round trip of course.

Happy New year All!

This past summer I was out for a couple of events and have some pictures.

Attachments

• Horse rescue.jpg
    Horse rescue.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 1,507
  • Annapolis RTA.jpg
    Annapolis RTA.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,507
In the top picture the stacked speakers were my system and one of the bands had brought out there Behringer single 18 sub with two mackie speakers on the stands. They also were using their mackie D1608 digital mixer with 16 inputs. Unfortunately the drum set set them over and the 16 channels were not enough so, I did the 7 piece drums into my mixer and let the band run their mix and monitors from the digital board.

At one point near the end I turned off my two EV subs and the band leader noticed right off and said something is changed can you restore?

Back