• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Paradigm Atoms - 7.1 purposes

bmwuk

Saw a used pair for cheap so I bought them off eBay. They are for my rear back surrounds . I figured something smaller for my purposes and to tide me over until I start swapping out the mains and surrounds for some higher quality speakers. The Paradigms have served me well but I want to get nicer ones

I’m jealous.
I’ve never managed to pull-off getting ANY surround speakers in my current living room area.

The Atom's should be great for rear surround duty. Congrats!

I’m jealous.
I’ve never managed to pull-off getting ANY surround speakers in my current living room area.
All due to the kindness and understanding of my wife. My room I've been told has to be setup nicely by November for that's when I need speaker cables in wall, acoustic panels all hung and up including movie poster panels for a nicer look.

Sweet

My next things also, new sub from powersound.
Then some sound treatment.
I just went to bed tonight after watching the beginning of Inception, the beginning dream sequence (love that movie). My wife came in my room and said " the whole house is shaking, you need to turn it off". I have a baby and 3 year old asleep so I understand.

In my room the sub sounds balanced but clearly the impact is felt. So far very happy with my PSA

I can't wait to get one. Suppose to with our tax return. Well see how it works out.

Been wanting one well SVS at the time but my apartment neighbor really would've hatted me. Lol

I had to keep my current one down last time I was home. The wife and I watched Mr and Mrs Smith
And just with my plate amp 250w and a old 12" car sub it would of woken up my 4 kids...damg Kids
Lol

I can't wait to get one. Suppose to with our tax return. Well see how it works out.

Been wanting one well SVS at the time but my apartment neighbor really would've hatted me. Lol
Sounds like my same situation. In apartments for all my time until now. Knowing a sub would've pissed off the neighbors.

My PSA purchase was courtesy of my tax return. Okay it was bigger but negotiated with my wife a small amount for the sub and accessories

Back