• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Paradigm Studio 60's

heeman

PRETTY HAPPY.........
Famous
My friend brought over his 60's V2 to check out his tweeters. He thought one of them were damaged...

Nope! Everything sounded just fine!!

60's.JPG

I have the same exact model... still like 'em! How about you? What did you think? How'd they compare to your main rig?

I always wanted to hear the 60's. I love the 100's and was just offered a good deal on a pair of 100's from a friend.

The only 60s I’ve ever heard were @saldog’s at a Batcave GTG a few years ago. They were some of the cleanest and clearest sounding speakers I’ve ever heard. I’ve been in awe of them ever since.

I have had my 60's V1 since 1998 and still love them.

I convinced my friend to buy ghis about 5 months ago. He thought he had a tweeter issue, but nope...........they cranked fine. The only difference between the V1 and V2 was cosmetic.

We used our 60's in our Texas HT, years ago with a CC and Studio 20's for surrounds..........the rig was awesome.

The 60's are great, however the C1's are just a totally different league.

I love my Paradigm rig downstairs. I have (all version 2) Studio 40's main, Studio 20's surrounds, Studio CC center, and an SVS PB 12 Plus 2 sub. I love them. I bought them all right, and for the money I have in the system, I cant see replacing them.

My brother has Studio 60's, studio ADP's, and Studio CC, with an SVS Cylinder sub. I really like his system too.

I'm still running the Studio/40 v.2 mains, Studio/CC v.2 center and ADP-370 surrounds I bought at the end of 2001 and they still sound great. I will upgrade the room before I upgrade the speakers, though I might swap the 370s and the Infinity's on rear surround duty for a couple pairs of Studio/20s (or buy some 100s and put the 40s in the back).

I have another speaker option I'm working on right now. If things should change I without doubt jump on this offer. It's a great plan B option to have. They are finished in the upgraded Rosenut veneers.

The only 60s I’ve ever heard were @saldog’s at a Batcave GTG a few years ago. They were some of the cleanest and clearest sounding speakers I’ve ever heard. I’ve been in awe of them ever since.

They were v3's, for reference. The only negative i could say about them in my HT was that if you wanted to push them pretty loud, the "cleanliness" in their sound would break down. But perhaps it was because i was driving them with an Onkyo receiver...

They were v3's, for reference. The only negative i could say about them in my HT was that if you wanted to push them pretty loud, the "cleanliness" in their sound would break down. But perhaps it was because i was driving them with an Onkyo receiver...

My 40s start to suffer when pushed beyond movie reference level, but that is pretty damn loud.

My 40s start to suffer when pushed beyond movie reference level, but that is pretty damn loud.

Holy SHIT! What are you doing dude? I have never heard mine whimper and I thought I have pushed them pretty hard too. My Paradigm system gets "pretty damn loud" as you stated. I cant really imagine wanting much more out of it.

Heck, maybe I am doing something wrong. :rofl:

Holy SHIT! What are you doing dude? I have never heard mine whimper and I thought I have pushed them pretty hard too. My Paradigm system gets "pretty damn loud" as you stated. I cant really imagine wanting much more out of it.

Heck, maybe I am doing something wrong. :rofl:

Nerd moment...

The same speakers perform very differently in different rooms. Influencers such as the size of the room, acoustic characteristics of the room and seating distance can have a huge impact on how much power it takes to achieve a given SPL at the listening position. For example, if you are in a fairly large room with a controlled ambient reflection tone, the power needed to get 90dB SPL at the listening position might be 10W, but if you increase that distance to 9 feet, you'll need over 20W to get 90dB SPL. Start pushing the levels using less efficient speakers, or have a less reflective room and those power requirements can go up.

This learning moment has been brought to you by the passive aggressive know-it-all community.

Nerd moment...

The same speakers perform very differently in different rooms. Influencers such as the size of the room, acoustic characteristics of the room and seating distance can have a huge impact on how much power it takes to achieve a given SPL at the listening position. For example, if you are in a fairly large room with a controlled ambient reflection tone, the power needed to get 90dB SPL at the listening position might be 10W, but if you increase that distance to 9 feet, you'll need over 20W to get 90dB SPL. Start pushing the levels using less efficient speakers, or have a less reflective room and those power requirements can go up.

This learning moment has been brought to you by the passive aggressive know-it-all community.

Right, and I understand all that. The system I am referencing (see what I did there?) is in a 25x25 room and I sit about 10 feet away. I get all the technical stuff, and I know all speakers can be pushed to their limits within a given system, Haywoods post just kind of surprised me a bit I guess.

Right, and I understand all that. The system I am referencing (see what I did there?) is in a 25x25 room and I sit about 10 feet away. I get all the technical stuff, and I know all speakers can be pushed to their limits within a given system, Haywoods post just kind of surprised me a bit I guess.
Surprised me as well.

Full story. I was in a 15x22x12 room and pushing the levels up to somewhere around 100-110db with movie soundtracks when things started sounding compressed and strained. The speakers never made any horrible noises.

One of my favorite demo/ guilty pleasure pieces, and its much more guilty pleasure than demo, is Batalla Los Tambores from the Godsmack Changes DVD. I listen to this at stupid levels and probably much louder than anything else I watch or listen to and mine have never sounded strained.

Full story. I was in a 15x22x12 room and pushing the levels up to somewhere around 100-110db with movie soundtracks when things started sounding compressed and strained. The speakers never made any horrible noises.

Well done sir.

One of my favorite demo/ guilty pleasure pieces, and its much more guilty pleasure than demo, is Batalla Los Tambores from the Godsmack Changes DVD. I listen to this at stupid levels and probably much louder than anything else I watch or listen to and mine have never sounded strained.

BTW, none of the above comments have been intended to be negative or derogatory, I am honestly kind of impressed that DM played that shit that loud. :toast:

Back