• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Pics of Dr. Floyd Tooles HT set up, upside down Revel Salon 2's

Well that's an interesting looking theater/listening area. I definitely prefer the type of setup/room that Soundhound has where you can relax and get lost in the music. This room just feels stiff and uninviting. I would like to hear a pair of Revel's at some point though.

fPjuUsIvaHhRuOBpseSBtDvDUNWfoT5PpNEN9qiCeSEe_ckvAOBk8GBvHePlxzTVp5u98B0Xq2UNc_lBnB7b_fgi278A0zzorjtYCiDZYQ7Je7oR4GYvgADa-oIVLiSDUTTVdVUWEbtjFVioFq8oEWb9y3tXxIepTTH-940SmlT09Jvqk_ZTqHENMUQe8KT_tJRN4cTprZZ6uUQmeUfqpRpI1xDl5OXLtFt2Brl6qGTnFuEDdxl2fygrHZVtLOImepydA-sL52h-YzzY21_5PEGHNTdmC4WTR6psItiRJPVjPZRqDumaQrjqgPB33Ol7tLaQA3Fnenc3OrRcFtV6xDQvs4D-webgfBCJzRm0GNvbelJHzJ4plw5y6iTRJJN9-35eteVVc6l0tIlRB_0H-Yw-MVOo7ne0_w23UE3jk9XY85N0NZSWRloo2LYXbRcI34hCsfPJqqDyEzXchpSQ_tOfhTEclHv4BpwSQgFt5KvZ7O7JYJqu1MewP4wS8oA0ALwdQbbh9PieHfjruci44R6jHBy-uXZ82UbEWskgUMeS5ty64N9F3-xmJP4XofQICgLL2MjmIZmPeKp8CMQiJxsldTABhxUTvO0pTDxBRZDsGjaYR9BN=w2192-h1644-no

My guess (haven't read the article) is they are only upside down because they are sitting on top of the shelves and he placed them upside down to get the tweeter height right.

Well, am I Right?

My guess (haven't read the article) is they are only upside down because they are sitting on top of the shelves and he placed them upside down to get the tweeter height right.

Well, am I Right?

They are mounted to the wall, not resting on the top of the cabinet.

Actually, the goal is to get the tweeter at the right height, but also move the bass drivers further from the floor. Upside down the woofers are further from the reflective floor and still far from the reflective ceiling. Basically, all the midrange and woofers are further from every surface other than the wall behind them. Being close to the wall behind reduces the Baffle Step null.

Back