• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Playstation Vue...now on Roku !

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
Playstation Vue is offering a streaming service like SlingTV. It has ESPN, FOX Sports, up to 100 channels. Different packages & different costs. Only thing though, not available on Roku. Mabe later Roku might add the channels (hope so). I would love to have Fox sports channel because NHRA racing is only on Fox Sports 1 if I remember right. I love drag racing.
Also you can't use it on your mobile devices. Is avalible on iPad and iPhone through their mobile app.
If Roku adds this & AT&T/DirecTV gets theirs going.....good news to cord cutters.
Yesfan, I noticed that one of the higher packages has the SEC sports channel.

http://cordcuttersnews.com/slings-first ... -now-live/

Re: Playstation Vue to offer streaming

Was reading a post of a guy that got a subscription. You can have up to 5 total devices at the same time, it has its own DVR for up to 28 days.
I would love this service. Going to wait a bit & see if Roku picks up this streaming app.
Has ESPN channels & you can use its credentials to get WatchESPN.

Re: Playstation Vue...Look out SlingTV, Competition !

a bit pricey though, i considered this option, but it was at 35 a month, not including local television channels. (like my news channel).

more to come, its still in its infancy stage i guess, actually, around its teen years.

Barney said:
If Roku adds this & AT&T/DirecTV gets theirs going...

I wouldn't expect DirecTV's streaming package to be the cheapest option. Reading between the lines of the executives announcements the strategy seems to be finding the balance between people who want more "channels" than the other services offer along with the ability to stream to more devices in more places (TV, mobile devices, and PC). My guess is that they'll try to fill the gaps by offering local channels, thicker channel line-ups, and mobile options.

Disclaimer: I work for AT&T but I don't represent them here. I don't have any knowledge of future plans other than what's been reported publicly.

Towen, if AT&T/DirectTV's streaming has alot of sports programming , 4k, etc and also have multichannel audio. ...I might be interested if its carried on Roku. I read somewhere the NFL is talking streaming without needing a program provider now, that would be a cats meow !
But one thing I mentioned at another forum, hope these streaming services with different tiers don't move channels around all the time like Cable or DSS.

I've learned my lesson with Playstation. If you have to have a PS4 to get Vue, then I'll surely pass and gladly do without.

Yesfan70 said:
I've learned my lesson with Playstation. If you have to have a PS4 to get Vue, then I'll surely pass and gladly do without.
From what I'm reading, the best STB is Fire TV (STB not the stick) for streaming the Vue.
I have my fingers crossed that in the near future, Sony will let Roku have access but Sony is so proprietary minded .... never know.
They are still discovering apps/channels you can add using the Vue credentials, alot more than Sling. That top tier package, $50 a month, is loaded with sports.

:text-bump:
Playstation Vue is now on Roku. What I'm hearing over at Roku forum, you need to set up your account at Playstations Vue web site first. If you try to add Vue from the Roku channel store before you open an accout on Playstation's Vue site you may get an error.
I'm on chemo now so I'll wait till I'm of clear mind to check it out. I may just drop Sling because I want FS1, FOX SPORTS, & all the ESPN's.

With the Core Slim package, $34.99 in Austin, I would get 70+ channels with both FS1 & FS2, all the ESPN's ( not WatchESPN though but I'm checking if you use the Vue credentials to get it) and here's the kicker for me......ESPN's Longhorn Network.

Yesfan, Deacon, it also has ESPN'S SEC Network.

Just signed up for Vue..........love it, need to spend some time figuring out how to use it, but found out on the 70+ channel package which I signed up for (7 days free) I got Fox Sports Southwest & love the Longhorn Network. I cancelled my Sling. Works great on my Roku 4 connected to my SUHD.

My daughter and granddaughter is staying with me until next Monday (wife went to Las Vegas for her high school reunion, classmates from here Philippines high school until Friday). I'll spend some time testing it after they leave.

Back