• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Poll: Do you hold on to your TV bases for TVs mounted on the wall?

Do you hold on to your tv bases for tvs mounted on the wall?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

AndySTL

We haven't had a poll in a while so here's one....

I just mounted two additional TVs this week for a total of 4 wall mounted TVs in the house. These bases are awkward to store so I am considering tossing them in the trash. But part of me has a hard time letting go. What do most people do? Keep them or discard?

I usually keep them around. If the tv is in a bedroom I'll store them on the closet shelf. The others just go into storage in the basement.

Last edited:
Yeah, I keep them but I'm a pack rat. It's kind of a problem. Anyway.... I've kept all the bases for the televisions I've owner over the years but haven't had a reason to use them.

Yup. Up in the attic somewhere... (though my tv is mounted on a stand, not on the wall)

Yeah I am a pack rat by nature too but when I do let something go I usually feel quite satisfied. I'll probably hold on to these bases for now.

Its what those of us who don't have room enough for a dedicated HT have hanging over our fireplaces, which I finally don't hate BTW. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I still have mine, trip over it every time I do laundry. I will throw it out when the TV goes TU (unless I find a cool USS Enterprise model that needs a display base).

Actually , it does beg a serious question. What are the percentages of people who buy a large tv and toss the stand in the landfill? I doubt there would be a way , whereby for a few pennies less you could buy a tv without a stand , knowing full well that you will never use it anyway!

I am thinking my next one the stand will be used. I am planning on upgrading the display in the basement sometime soon and my original plan was to wall mount it. However that wall has metal studs and based on mounting the one upstairs I am not sure I want to try that with metal studs so I am probably going to buy some kind of lowboy and set the display on that. Although that is definitely not the look I was hoping for.

I am thinking my next one the stand will be used. I am planning on upgrading the display in the basement sometime soon and my original plan was to wall mount it. However that wall has metal studs and based on mounting the one upstairs I am not sure I want to try that with metal studs so I am probably going to buy some kind of lowboy and set the display on that. Although that is definitely not the look I was hoping for.

I recall your basement from my quick visit to your house to pickup Chuck's old projector. Your basement has excellent audio and is ripe for a big ass TV! 75"!

Thank you thank you Andy and yes something like a 75" is what I am planning.

Usually I keep them for a while, but we have a grand total of two TVs that are wall mounted (bedroom and workout room), and I am pretty sure I tossed the boxes for those TVs a while back. I'm also pretty sure the bases were in those boxes. So I'll cast a no vote because that's what I think I did.

I do not mount of the wall, but if I did, I would keep them and the original box also.

Back