• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Power Sound Audio

For the facebook-phobic...

The Wait Is Over - Loudspeakers Are Here

Power Sound Audio is excited to introduce our new loudspeakers. Take a peek at the new specs and let us know if you have any questions.

MT-110 & MT-110c
("c" denotes horizontally oriented cabinet)
2 way, audiophile loudspeaker
1" titanium compression driver
Cast aluminum exponential horn
10" high efficiency woofer
Audiophile grade crossover completely designed in house
Frequency Response = 70Hz - 20kHz
Sensitivity = 95dB 1W/1M
Size HxWxD = 17.5" x 11" x 14" (includes grill)
Weight = 35lbs
MSRP = $599

MTM-210 & MTM-210c

("c" denotes horizontally oriented cabinet)
2 way, audiophile loudspeaker
1" titanium compression driver
Cast aluminum exponential horn
Dual 10" high efficiency woofers
Audiophile grade crossover completely designed in house
Frequency Response = 70Hz - 20kHz
Sensitivity = 98dB 1W/1M
Size HxWxD = 28" x 11" x 16" (includes grill)
Weight = 55lbs
MSRP = $899

Package pricing will be determined soon. Pre-orders will start in approximately two weeks, with shipments expected to begin approximately 30-45 days later. All pre-order sales will be part of our Summer of Bass promotion, and will include free shipping both ways.

Two 10" woofers and a 1" horn tweeter in an MTM configuration. They use a different model number for the horizontal center channel so I have to assume that they address the lobing that occurs with typical MTMs laid on their sides.

I'm curious as to how they look.

Two 10" woofers in a horizontal centre speaker is a pretty big speaker. Could be placement issues for some folks.

Very high efficiency ratings - but perhaps at the expense of a missing octave in the lower end for a speaker of that size with dual 10" woofers?

Then again, if it causes the buyer to also add a subwoofer to fill in that bottom end...

Until we see the layout, I will speculate....

Maybe the horizontal MTM has the woofer pushed directly next to each other with the tweeter between and above them rather than having the woofers above one another.

From what I have read, speakers will be sold individually, not pairs.

There will also be package deals with subs of course with discounted pricing.

I had debated opening a business building high sensitivity speakers for home use with similar specs. Speakers with the dynamic response of PA systems but with the voicing and accuracy of high-end speakers, like Dynaudio or Focal.

Hi all, couple of quick comments.

1) Design goal was to maximize performance down to the 70-80hz range as our philosophy has always been to use dedicated subwoofers to ensure optimal in room system performance.

2) The larger MTM 210 will be fine as a center out to about 20-25 degrees off axis. This will work in many scenarios. If you have a room layout with the seats spaced out significantly wider...consider going with the MT 110 is one of two orientations (stand up or laying on its side).

3)Speakers will be sold in 2.0, 5.0 and 7.0 packages. We will also take single unit orders when need...a 3.0 system for example.

4)The pre-order and package pricing will be much less than the single unit price. For example, a 5.0 system consisting of 3 MTM-210 and 2 MT -110 would be close to $4000 single unit pricing. We hope to offer this package around $2999 including shiping during the pre-order period.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Pictures and Pricing......................

$1599/PR

MTM-210_697fd822-1193-441f-98bd-daa5bfc01f4a_1024x1024.png

$1099/PR

MT-110_e806999e-a46b-49cd-8a1a-97bea0b6a174_1024x1024.png

Back