• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Probably Can't Afford Sony's 4K HDR TVs

I am amazed they got this to market so fast after showing off the prototype at CES. Everyone assumed it would be next year at the earliest. Not that it will matter to most folks until those prices drop. The $10,000 price tag on the 75 inch set certainly would have put it beyond my reach even if it had been out when I got my set (which I still absolutely love, BTW). I wonder what this will do to the prices of the x94 series. Good deals on the XBR75940D could be right around the corner.

Most importantly, that link proved to be the solution my life, the universe, and everything: it has a link to "Why Pawn Stars is Totally Fake."

Now I can sleep well at night.

Jeff

Impressive sets & expensive , at those prices you should be looking at OLED's, but will come down some. Still the 4k tech hasn't settled in yet. No Dolby Vision and suppost to be HDMI 2.1 coming soon, seems the HDMI boards are overmaxed now. At least some progress.......like snale mail though.

The new Sony sets are not inferior to OLED. They just solved the problem differently. Hell, I would put my 2015 set up against any of the LG OLED sets with HD material.

I do like how Sony uses each individual LED instead of panels of LED's. Gotta have a bad ass processor & be very fast. Just praying my Sony Bravia 1080p LCD holds out for a few more years.
Loving my Samsung SUHD too !

Back