• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Problem with disc or firmware question...

walls

Picked up a copy of Total Recall (remake) and at about the half way point the disc froze, took it back and exchanged it for a new one. The new one froze at exactly the same point, tried it on two players froze on both players.

Anyone ever have this problem?

Some movies required an sd card installed on the player to play, something about accessing online info about the movie or something like that. Starship Troopers was one of those movies that wouldn't play in some players without an sd card installed. That's the only thing I can think of, other than a bad batch of discs, and that would be pretty unlikely. If they are networked players, you might try turning off the network on them, and see if that makes a difference.

which blu-ray player do you have as well, apparently the oppo ones have problems with this disc in particular.

Both of my players are Sonys, I also tried it in my PS3 and had the same problem.

There are numerous threads and such about audio drops with this title but few complaints like what I am having.

The DirtMerchant said:
be happy it freezes. that remake is HORRENDOUS!
This!! Your bd players are trying to tell you something! :teasing-tease:

Wait... I thought you were 1/2 way through it. If you were still enjoying it you couldn't have been more than 10 mins past the opening credits.

Back