• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Problem with mature content illustrated

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I'm watching "The Deuce" which is full of adult content and nudity, but then this camera shot is presented...

IMG_20180916_200230.jpg

It is fine that they covered her boobs, but why not make the sheet the same height across both actors, that would reflect reality more than a girl who just did the nasty with a man covering her boobs afterwards.

The title should be "the problem with mature content..." autocorrect screwed that up.

The title should be "the problem with mature content..." autocorrect screwed that up.

I was trying to figure out how this had anything to do with things narrated by Attenborough. But yeah, those crazy L-shaped Hollywood sheets again. They've done this for years.

I was trying to figure out how this had anything to do with things narrated by Attenborough. But yeah, those crazy L-shaped Hollywood sheets again. They've done this for years.

I get it, at one time it made sense. Any decent actress will want to limit boob shots to plot necessities. But why be so fucking obvious about covering the girl while exposing the guy. Just cover the same on both and we will all get it.

You really are trying to find stuff to complain about now arn't you. You need to find a companion to argue with just to get it out of your system. :nyah:

This has been bugging me for a decade. The scene I showed was the last straw.

Just like the whole idea in crime dramas about keeping someone on the phone so the cops can track the number. That's haunt been necessary for 30 years, but it is still commonly utilized to add drama.

This has been bugging me for a decade. The scene I showed was the last straw.

Just like the whole idea in crime dramas about keeping someone on the phone so the cops can track the number. That's haunt been necessary for 30 years, but it is still commonly utilized to add drama.

Don't even get me going on anything firearms related in TV/movies. 99% of it is utter crap, from bottomless magazines to guns that go off if somebody looks at them cross-eyed (barring some very old guns and some new designs that get recalled quickly, it's about impossible to drop a gun and have it fire).

Doing stupid crap for dramatic reasons is par for the course in Hollywood.

Don't even get me going on anything firearms related in TV/movies. 99% of it is utter crap, from bottomless magazines to guns that go off if somebody looks at them cross-eyed (barring some very old guns and some new designs that get recalled quickly, it's about impossible to drop a gun and have it fire).

Doing stupid crap for dramatic reasons is par for the course in Hollywood.

The gun schtick I've grown tired of is the single shot kill. It's pretty rare that each gunshot hit equals death. Hell, most people who get hit with a bullet keep moving along until the realize they've been hit.

The gun schtick I've grown tired of is the single shot kill. It's pretty rare that each gunshot hit equals death. Hell, most people who get hit with a bullet keep moving along until the realize they've been hit.

Or the "get shot, go flying backward like gravity has just change direction by 90 degrees."

And there's a ton of other stuff.

Like the poorly lit laboratory filled to the gills with amazingly advanced equipment.

Or the "get shot, go flying backward like gravity has just change direction by 90 degrees."

And there's a ton of other stuff.

Like the poorly lit laboratory filled to the gills with amazingly advanced equipment.

Oh!!! The government offices, like the FBI or City Police station with multi-million dollar interiors and tons and tons of glass, even multiple levels with raised side walkways. HA!

And to my point in the original post, the episode of The Deuce I was watching did the exact same thing three times while still showing that actress's boobs in other scenes. I get the logic, this may be shown on cable TV where nudity is not acceptable and this scene is too crucial to cut for nudity, but in real life they'd both be covered about the same and it would NOT appear that she was a prude who was afraid of showing her body to the man she just had sex with.

The one that really drives me nuts is the ubiquitous mainframe everyone keeps hacking into.

Or cops chambering a round before entering a building, when law enforcement (and anyone else with a brain) always carries hot.

Or a driver looking at the person in the passenger seat for extended periods of time.

G
And to my point in the original post, the episode of The Deuce I was watching did the exact same thing three times while still showing that actress's boobs in other scenes. I get the logic, this may be shown on cable TV where nudity is not acceptable and this scene is too crucial to cut for nudity, but in real life they'd both be covered about the same and it would NOT appear that she was a prude who was afraid of showing her body to the man she just had sex with.

Geez man have you consider4d the possibility that the chick was cold and the guy was warm?

Occam's razor.

G

Geez man have you consider4d the possibility that the chick was cold and the guy was warm?

Occam's razor.

I used to try that trick, but the prevalence of this practice is far too common for that sole excuse. Like I said, this wasn't super important, it still isn't. But after decades of seeing it and stretching poor excuses to maintain the suspension of disbelief then seeing it used repeatedly in a show where the actress in question has exposed her breasts dozens of times with extreme comfort and casual motions, I find this the straw that broke the camel's back. At this point I will likely turn slightly irritated by it going forward. Just like the whole "keep them on the phone while we try to track their location" BS (which gets me moderately irritated), this is now a lousy excuse for uncreative directors just doing what is expected.

If you've never seen the movie The Big Hit with Mark Wahlberg, they do a pretty good schtick on the whole tracing phones things.

I used to try that trick, but the prevalence of this practice is far too common for that sole excuse. Like I said, this wasn't super important, it still isn't. But after decades of seeing it and stretching poor excuses to maintain the suspension of disbelief then seeing it used repeatedly in a show where the actress in question has exposed her breasts dozens of times with extreme comfort and casual motions, I find this the straw that broke the camel's back. At this point I will likely turn slightly irritated by it going forward. Just like the whole "keep them on the phone while we try to track their location" BS (which gets me moderately irritated), this is now a lousy excuse for uncreative directors just doing what is expected.

You have entirely too much time on your hands.

And irritation at such inane things will definitely take a few years off your life.

Back